It's almost over!

kingfish

Long Time Member
I have mentioned in the past that my father has Parkinsons and has had it for some 17 years. He is very near death at home. This is the man who taught me everything I know and LOVE about hunting. He is my best friend and was my best man in my wedding 18 years ago. I have been with him everyday for the past couple of weeks trying to "just be there" for him and mom. I would really appreciate it if you could find the time to just say a little prayer for one of our hunting mentors.

Sincerly, Keith Fish.

Sorry to hear this Keith,my are prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Garrett

Keith:

Tough time for sure. You ALL will be in the BOHNTR family prayers for sure. It's amazing, as the words you typed sure descibe my relationship and up-bringing with my father as well.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Keith,

Hang in there and know that your "MM" family is thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

Mike
at235.gif

Kingfish,

I have some idea of what you are going through. My father passed away Feb 6, 2004 after a rather rapid decline with symptoms similar to Parkinsons/Alzheimers/Lewy Bodies caused by a series of mid brain strokes (TIA). Doctors wanted to place him in a nursing home with a feeding tube. We made the decision to take him home and allow him to pass with what dignity he had left. He went, after he had had a chance to see as many close family members (spouse, children, grandchildren) as was possible, in his own home looking out the window at the ranch he built and loved so much. Ironically he waited until all of us were gone on errands and only my wife, who he was very close to, was by his side. It was as if he wished to spare his children from the end. He was my friend, my hunting partner, my teacher and my business partner. The void left by his passing is unfillable but the mark he made on the world through his life and children is undeniable.

My father's decline happened mostly over the course of a year so I can only imagine the struggles your family has endured for the last 17. You will miss your father but take comfort in knowing his struggles are over and you have done the best you could for him. You are his legacy. Live up to it well and be proud. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-04 AT 11:42AM (MST)[p]Done.

Remember this, your Father is lucky to have a son like you. When he is in a better place, he will always look down upon you and rest assured, he will go on every hunting adventure alongside with you.

Be strong for your family. We are all here to help.

Genuinely,
Chef

Keith,

Sorry to hear about your dad, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prays too. I lost my cousin three years ago from the same thing and she had it for around 10 years.
When she and her husband moved to Colo. I had not seen her for about 4 years but when her husband passed away and I talked with her over the phone, her voice was very weak and I had a hard time understanding her. Less than 3 weeks later, she passed away and I still feel bad about not driving out to Steamboat Springs to see her.
My heart goes out to you and the family.

Brian

Thanks for all the kind words.. It helps!. It's a horrible disease it takes away a persons dignity. My dad is a proud man but this disease has just totally incapacitated him. We know were close to the end. He isn't eating and is always asleep. Our doctor took him off some of his meds and persrcibed something to make him comfortable and pain free. He's not suffering at all. I hope he passes soon for his sake!!!. Thanks again, Keith.

Keith, believe it or not death can be a beautiful thing as I'am sure you will realize once this ordeal is over with. Be with him until the end. Hug him and keep talking to him and tell him you love him. Invite as many family and friends to see him before the body is taken away to the funeral home. Dying at home is a very dignified way to pass on. Be strong for your mother and siblings. After 17 years of this horrible disease your mother will probably be the strong one. Be there for here. Best of luck and the prayers and thoughts are within you. Sincerely, Rick

Keith:

Its a good thing for your father to have his son at his side!
Enjoy your time with him, and may God be with you and your family during this time. My prayers are with your family.

Keith and Family,
I pray the peace of the Lord will cover you all and especially your beloved father. You're blessed to have had such a close relationship with your Dad and will have a lifetime of memories to savor as he passes into the next life.

Regards,
Jim Rich

Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I read this post. As time takes its tole on my father as well, I see our time together growing short. Losing him is what I fear most right now. God blessed me with one more great hunt with him this fall. I can't imagine how you are feeling. The Kikendalls will be praying for your family. I wish you the best.

Doug

Keith,

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers throughout this difficult period. I'm dealing with a similar situation with my 87 y/o father. It's real tough and I can assure you I know what you're going through. Hang in there.......

Keith my prayers are with you.I lost my father about 10 years ago so I know what you are going thru....Devlin

Again many thanks,
I sat next to him last night and told him about the wonderful responses from the folks at MM. He can't talk but I can get him to squeeze my hand if he understands. It won't be much longer and you people have made easier for him and me. The people who make up the hunting community are a special breed especially allof you here on MM and I'm proud to be a part of it. Keith.

Keith,
My families prayers are with you and yours.
Keep close to loved ones and keep the faith.
Best,
Jerry

Keith, I'm truly sorry to hear about your dad. I wish there was something I could say or do to help but just know that tonight and for many nights to come I'll be praying for you and yours.

Dennis

Keith:

It's been a while since I've posted here on MM, but I couldn't ignore your post about the relationship you've had with your dad over the years. What a blessing that God allows our memories to be of all the good times we've shared with our parents! It's always good to see the hunting fraternity here on MM cares about more than just the biggest animals taken in a given year! Like others have already stated, your dad, you, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers ...

God Bless,

Lv2hnt

Keith I hope all is well soon its too bad that the ones we love the most are the ones who teach us how to hunt fish and have fun may god be with you and your family.

BBH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom