It's Been Awhile

C

Cowboy

Yeah sorry I have been gone so long. Life has been a trouble the last few months...apparently headed for divorce. The frustration is that there just isnt anything I can do about it now.

Dakotakid -

I am very happy for you. I wish you a partnership that lasts forever. If I have one piece of advice it is to talk frequently about your differences...which there most certainly will be some...and work it out as you go. If they build to a head it is too late.

102 degrees yesterday and runoff barely over, but I still check the peaks waiting for a little white. I bet we'll see it within a month.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Cowboy.
Nice to hear from you again.

Gonna win that big buck contest again this year?

BTW, 116f here in PHX yesterday.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Cowboy,

I am truely saddened to hear of your troubles. I have travelled that long and dusty trail my friend. If you want to blow off some steam, drop me a PM, we can talk.

Mike
at235.gif

Sorry to her about your troubles life does get better. Everything happens for a reason. I just went though a divorce, its sort of like a death, but there is rebirth. On a lighter note . guys tell me about the big buck contest? Im in Prescott and work for Prescott Valley Archery and every Jan we have a big pig contest 1st prize Mathews bow.>>>>>>>>>>Sharlin

I was just thinking of you today! I was remembering your story of the father and son elk hunt. That story will be with me forever!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope things get better soon.

Steve

Cowboy, great to hear from you!! I'm very sorry to hear about your marriage issues but believe me my friend we all have them. Be strong and let God handle your problems. I sure hope you'll stick around and tell some stories when you feel like it. We are here for you bud. Send me a pm if you want I'll be glad to listen and help if I can. Good to have you back!

Thanks for the sentiments guys and gals.

Chef - You have me confused with Cowboye. I'm the trophy BS story teller not the trophy hunter.

After I get through this turmoil and the creative juices flow once again I'll see if I can lay a story out for you all.

Cowboy, *I* still luv ya!! And I'm so glad to see you back; Kingie has been buggin' me for some prose, but we all know you do it best.

Enthrall us with a story do!

>Thanks for the sentiments guys and
>gals.
>
>Chef - You have me confused
>with Cowboye. I'm the
>trophy BS story teller not
>the trophy hunter.
>
>After I get through this turmoil
>and the creative juices flow
>once again I'll see if
>I can lay a story
>out for you all.

I always thought you were one and the same!
Sorry about that. I'm happy to hear that
it's two of you now. Too much talent with the
writing AND the hunting! LOL

I've enjoyed your stories through and through.
Hang in there through the big D.
We'll be here if you need us.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Cowboy, you know me-I'm all about the sounds, smells, shapes, and colors. Let's do it like we used to-I'll start and we all can add on.

Here we go!

Something wasn't quite right-it was one of those times, those things that one couldn't wrap a thought around long enough to discern what exactly it was. The clouds were in close enough to make one wonder if the ground was under your feet or if you'd really just died and kept on going. Peering through the gloom, I dared not move as the shifting clouds made shapes eerie and sounds muffled. The aspen tree next to me was real, of that I was sure, although the trunk pointing to the sky disappeared like a cut off limb into the murk. So there I crouched, awaiting the dawn........

?it would seem I was in a state of vertigo were it not for the mewing cows and calves that moved along the trail in the timber above me. They gave me reference that brought my instincts to a focus on the reason I was here and not asleep. They scraped and thudded, but it was the distinct clack of an antler on a dead limb that raised my heart rate.

Far below us was a meadow that stretched down a long broad ridge. Not far above us were scattered little parks amongst the pines and rocky outcrops. Next to the elk, the only other sound was the faint music of a tiny trickle that formed pools as it sifted slowly through the rocks down the mountain

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-05 AT 12:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-05 AT 12:39?PM (MST)

But which way were they going? If I was lucky, the herd would mill about in the misty blanket; if I was not, I was between the cows and bulls and eventually one or the other would find me and send the rest helter-skelter through the trees with one little bark. I could do nothing but sit and wait in the wet blanket of clouds, straining to hear something, anything that could tell me from which direction that bull lurked.

So there I sat and extended my other senses-past the trickling stream, past the feel of the tree at my back, past the wet metallic smell of the mist changing now into a salmon colored shroud hiding not only myself but my quarry. The day was upon me, the magical time when dark becomes light, black becomes white, and the rays of the sun give everything life and color. I imagined feeling the earth move beneath my toes as if shaking off the night frost and stretching out in anticipation of another day. I feel absolutely ALIVE.

KNOCK. There it was again.....

?the distinctive antler on wood sound developed into an enraged ripping of vegetation. Along with this came that sound known the length of the Rockies and associated with autumn in the high country?the bugle of a bull elk. God granted him this ability to command the attention of every living thing that could hear, as his voice penetrated the cool moist air. It was a threat, a challenge, a statement of fact that he alone was worthy of representing his kind or he would die proving it. Not a thing to be taken lightly by anything except perhaps another mature bull.

The bugle?s uniqueness came from the very soul of the bull with a raw depth and volume that only a mature elk in his prime could produce, and it was matched by another who now it seemed stood with the cows along the edge of the parks above. These were the preliminaries to a battle about to unfold, and I had tickets to the best seat in the house. I just needed to find my seat.

..when all at once, from under the log I was on , came a big frigging rat with a 10" co........oh, sorry, wrong story.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Hey Folks, I've been away from the site for quite a spell and logged on to see who drew what in Az and what did I find but a story in the making. Looks like I'll be around to read the end of this one.
Cowboy: Sorry to hear about your woes. Life is strange in how it treats people. I'm sure you will come out of this on two feet with a much greater understanding.
Troy

Cactus: I too have been away from the computer for a few days. I check back in and find such wonderful talent. The stories Cowboy and Predator tell leave me wondering just how they can put words to the things we all love. Amazing.

Cowboy: sorry to hear about your troubles. May the Lord bless you.

Phantom Hunter

Gloomis, sorry it got ruined in the middle. Cowboy and I get into a theme, but it's hard to get back on it when someone has to go and throw in something silly......I'm sure we'll start another one here quite soon.

Cowboy,

Sorry to hear the bad news, never a good thing to lose someone so close whether it's through a break-up or death. Keep your head high and don't let it get the best of you. Love your stories and keep em coming.

In the last few years I have lost 3 very close friends due to death. I never thought I would go a day without being miserable or hurting. The nights were long and the days seemed to go by very slowly. But time and God healed my pain. I never turned to alcohol or drugs thinking it would take aways what had happened, instead I turned to God and prayed. If you need someone to talk to send me an email. I have not been through divorce, but hpoefully can help if you are in need.

Again thanks for the great stories,they never get old.

Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom