J12 success

Moose332

After accompanying us on a couple of successful bow hunts and a few not so successful hunts in D13 it was finally Coles turn to go after a nice buck in a promising area. After talking to several people, looking over maps, and finding the time to get off of work we decided to head up the second weekend of the season. After getting to the area we wanted to focus on it wasn?t long before we started spotting deer. After glassing for a while Coles father Scott spotted some deer a few miles away in drainage, we set the spotting scope up and looked the deer over for a while. Scott and I decided that it was a good buck but ultimately it was Coles tag and up to him. Cole didn't hesitate to say yes he wanted to go after the buck. We gathered our things and started hiking. It took us awhile but we finally arrived at the drainage we last saw the buck. We popped over a small ridge in the bottom of the drainage thinking we would be right on top of him, we were wrong. The buck was nowhere to be found. We all started glassing thinking the buck was gone. A few minutes later the buck came back out into a little open spot between some trees. I ranged the Deer at 340 yards, we got Cole set up on the sticks and after a little buck fever and a few misses (trust me I know the feeling) the buck was on the ground. We made our way up the mountain to check out Cole?s trophy. After taking a few pictures we made out decent back to the truck. What a way to end the Deer season. Oh and this is Cole?s first buck??
2142coles_buck.jpg

3348pc090971.jpg

7040pc090978.jpg

Well done young man!.

I hope that is the first of MANY!

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

nicely done. Good looking Buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Great looking buck. I know you had fun. It is nice to have these kind of hunts for our younger generation. Any other J12 buck pictures out there for this season anyone?

Bill

Thanks for all the help and info LIK2HNT, I know there were bigger bucks but for the time we had to work with this guy would have to do. Not to mention Cole wanted him.....

>Nice buck!!..congrats Cole!!..How many points did
>he have to draw that
>tag?

CAhunter the way the junior draw works no kid ever has more than three points so thats the max point pool,and they dont do the 90/10 split its 50% for max point holders and 50% random draw.

Congratulations cole on a great buck. That is a real fun hunt to be on. I can't seem to find any bucks like that. I guess I need to ask u young guns how to get the Job done. It was a pleasure to meet you before your hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom