Jackson Hole Hunting, deer, elk, moose

J

jblack307

I am trying to find anyone that lives or hunts around Jackson Hole. Specifically south of Jackson and all the area that goes to the Hoback river. I have drawn an area 21 moose tag and am running out of time. I have been scouting several times and haven't found much for moose hunting as of yet. I'm just trying to reach out to other fellow hunters that may have been hunting deer, elk, or moose in the area in the past and have any tips on where they may know where there may be larger concentrations of cows or bulls, or possible mature bulls that would be worth looking at. I doubt I'll draw a Wyoming moose again. I'd really appreciate the help if anyone has any information.

thats a tough one, I have hiked and elk hunted that area, and don't recall many moose, seen a few in the canyon between granite and stinking springs, never saw much up high, the lower part of shoal creek might be worth looking at?

I wouldn't worry too much moose aren't typically very visible this time of year. They spend most of their time in the timber out of the sun. I would concentrate my efforts on the last week of september and watch the creek bottoms that have willows in them. Thats where the moose will be.

http://www.huntaddicts.com/

Scouting for moose this time of year is almost a waste of time so don't be discouraged. They don't show themselves much until October. That being said, there aren't many moose in Bondurant anymore (but there are plenty of wolves). If you have horses go high for the moose. You probably won't find a good one down low.

Thats a bunch of bull honky. Yes the wolves have done a little bit to the #s but not much around Bondurant, those areas are still great moose huntin grounds, i feel that it has to do alot more with cattle in those areas, moose hate the cows usualy when the cows move out you will start seeing moose where you would think to find them. Last year I saw the most moose than i think i have ever seen in the hoback. You are less likely to find a moose up high than down low, up high is actually where the more wolves would be, less people, down low in the thick timberd marshy areas is where them bulls will be, for the first part of September anyways. I feel the best palces to find moose even a decent moose is within 1 or 2 miles from the roads.

biggest moose i ever saw over there was up cliff creek up high. that does not include the monsters out by mormon roe and the kelly hay flats

I took a nice moose north and east of Jackson in Unit 18.He was th only bull I saw,but I am satisfied.That was in 2002 and thought about starting to apply again ,but the cost of the tag has had me start looking other places.

Jake
Bull honky? My wife killed her '03 booner at 9000'. I killed my '09 booner 200' below the very peak of a mountain. You need to talk to any of the ranchers, outfitters or other locals living in Bondurant, they're gonna disagree with your assessment of the robust Hoback moose herd you found. Actually, give the WG&F a call and ask them how the moose in western Wyoming have fared over the last decade.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom