Jan. archery question

glass_eye

If you harvest a buck with an OTC archery tag in January, can you apply for a Bonus Point that year ?
I was told "yes" but I just want confirmation.

Yes you can. I have killed a deer in Jan. 7 out of the last 8 years and I purchase the bonus point every year.

Brian

Great. Looking forward to getting back into the game. I haven't hunted january bucks since the begining of bonus points for deer. I have 2 kids and between the 3 of us we've had plenty of tags to keep us busy so I haven't really had the time to hunt them in january. But now that my daughter is in college she doesn't have time anymore, and my son plans on enlisting in the Army next month.

Yes. I have a friend from your neck of the woods, Brawley, that was told differently, but the office says absolutly. You just can't kill more than 1 deer per calender year

Yes you can, and by doing this you also keep your loyalty point.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Yes, you can do BP only if you harvest...Only thing to consider, as a max point NR holding for 13B or nothing, that the getting is as good as it's going to get right now...They could change the 10% NR cap/20% max points draw deal at any time. Maybe, maybe not, but.......???? Guess it would have to be a hell of a buck to let an arrow fly:) At least hunting is better than not.

Yes. But it makes a decision to take a buck tougher, knowing you give up your shot at the tag you want. And the chance might not be as good next year. Being in the top pool as a NR is both a blessing and a curse.

Even if they kill one can still buy a BP! Law says only one deer per calender year, go fling and have fun!!!

ElmerFudd
Besides having plenty of family tags to keep me busy. The other reason I haven't done the jan archery hunt is as you explained and I didn't want to give up my shot at the strip each year.
And yes I agree with you that right now is as good as it gets for NR. I believe that the number of NR max point holders has plateaued. The number of NR's drawn are replaced with the number of NEW max point holders (hunter ed class)
This year I was convinced that I was going to draw the 13B archery tag. Now I'm convinced that I probably got a better shot at drawing another CA elk tag than I do drawing a Strip tag. For that reason I'm going back to bowhunting in January and if I don't stick something than maybe I might draw a strip tag. But I'm tired of holding my breath.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom