January 2a hunt

nmelkman

Looking for some updates from anybody willing to help out. I've been scouting the last two weekends and have turned up seven does all running together with no buck to be found. When is the rut typically for this area? Is it still to early for the deer to move down from Colorado? I'm doing my share of ground work just looking for anymore info I can get from guys that have been out there

Your a little early right now for the rut as its probably nearly a month out still. Im more familiar with 2B, but A shouldn't be too much different. I can guarantee you that the deer are there, and the ones that come down from Colorado only make up a fraction of the population. When those deer do move down, its typically after the first few snowfalls, given that they are sufficient enough to put quite a bit of snow on the ground and make the deer move. Wish I could help on places to go.....but be patient. Once the rut kicks in, you will find the bucks...especially in January!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom