jarbridge elk

H

huntin4fun

if you do your home work and put your time in.what can you expect to see and does the weather effect this hunt. thks

I had this tag in 2005 and back then I would have told you to try and hold out for a 340 or 350 bull. I don't know how the quality is now. fatrooster.

Which hunt, rifle, archery????

Tons of elk, I mean tons.

Bulls will run to 350/360.I would hold for anything over 325. I have seen groups of 100-150 in the summer early fall. Then the rut hits and watch out.

Rifle the elk will be moving towards winter ground, some of the ground is only a few miles from summer range, others will move an easy 20/30 miles to winter.

which is the better hunt rifle or archery? Because of the quality of nevadas elk hheard I don,t know what area to put in for.I was hoping the Jarbridge wilderness may have better quality.

It is a good hunt and you can see bulls that go over 350 but if you have the late rifle tag and we get heavy snow you will be sol if you don't have snow machines.

As a non-res, I would go with the archery hunt, rifle is in Nov, but is still good, you have to know where to go...

Archery, lots of elk, warm weather and the rut is starting. nothing like hunting the rut.

I would have to agree with sagebucks about the snow during the rifle hunt.
And like htnfool says, the archery hunt is probably the way to go. When I become eligable to start putting in for the draws again in 2016 I'm going for archery. Probably in the Jarbidge because I love it so much. fatrooster.

I see that Banty Rooster has spelled it correctly. It is JARBIDGE not JARBRIDGE..........I use to spell it wrong too.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

P.S. Rooster, I will be seeing Don in June as he and the wife are coming here for his wife's class reunion. Been a few since last time I seem them over there in UT.

If you draw let me know. I will send you in good direction. I have hunted it my whole life.

What unit are you talking about? Is it 076 unit? I have 15 NR points and that was one of the units I put in for.

Thanks for the reply. Did not put in for that unit but my son did for a muzzleloader tag. Nothing but a waiting game now. Did put in for 076,231,111-115, and 104-108-121 all rifle with 15 points. Thought about muzzy but stuck with rifle.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom