Javelina Hunt Help

nmhunt4food

A few guys and myself are looking for some javelina in Units 23 - 27 in New Mexico. Have found some in Unit 23 but looking for a few more areas with the possibility for taking these guys with archery equipment. Thanks for any info.

I hunted last Feb down in 23 and 26 and had a blast . In 26 we found them right there at Lordsburg , they were all around town , but it wasn't very comfortable hunting em there so close to homes . I called a friend who has a ranch in 23 and he turned us to a rancher who he thought might let us chase them at his place . This guy was great , he told us where they were at and since it was calving season , he took us to look at his cattle and got to bust a few coyotes that hung around the cows . I'll look for his number , e-mail me and I'll get you some info . His ranch is north of Lordsburg out in the flats towards Redrock , the javalina I shot had great hair , 6-8 inches long and thick , theres no rock to scrape up there skin and hair . My taxidermists loved the cape , said they hardly ever see them with long thick hair . They are a blast to hunt once you find em....NMHUNTNUTT

I just got back from 23 last night and I saw more javelina then I did deer. Take the road west out of Alma towards sunflower mesa right where the road branchs off to Roberts Park. To the right of that there is a big wash. I saw 2 herds of them there and even called them in without a call. Scared the crap out of the guy I was hunting with. He even took the safety off because he thought he was going to be attacked. I was rolling laughing afterwards.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom