Javelina in Arizona's 30A...?

S

Sportfury

Has anybody hunted this unit for pigs? My buddy got two tags in the leftover draw for himself and his brother-in-law and neither have hunted in AZ before. They will be going for the general rifle hunt and were wondering what the area is like. They will probably scout it a couple times before the season, but would like to know a little more before they get there. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Williams
Sportfury

i was hunting quail in there a few months ago, and every time i was out there i jumped a group, usually id walk right up on them and scare them....which would end up scaring the heck outta me! their deffinetely in there. might want to look into the J-13 javalina call as well, good for bringing back a spooked heard.
az79

Areas within the unit that should be fair in 2003 are the east side of the San Bernardino valley Perilla Mountains, and Pedregosa Mtns. These locations have historically been productive for javelina and should continue that trend through the spring hunts of 2004. Also, an often-overlooked area is the agricultural fields and orchards near the Kansas Settlement. Farmers will usually let hunters on their property, but always ask for permission first. good luck, LC

>i was hunting quail in there
>a few months ago, and
>every time i was out
>there i jumped a group,
>usually id walk right up
>on them and scare them....which
>would end up scaring the
>heck outta me! their deffinetely
>in there. might want to
>look into the J-13 javalina
>call as well, good for
>bringing back a spooked heard.
>
>az79

AZ79, I have 30A Javelina tag, if you wouldn't mind please email me with the locations where you spotted the pigs.

Thanks,

KP

Thanks for the replies. They are much appreciated and we will check into the area.

Sportfury

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom