Javelina Points

desperatehills

Very Active Member
Can you get 2 Javelina points per year, one for the spring and one for the fall? I believe the fall hunts are youth only but I think it still lets anyone buy a point. I bought a point for each last year before I knew the fall hunts were for youth. How many points does it take to get the hardest to draw hunt?

It's my understanding you can only get one point per year per species (99% sure). The same question comes up for me with buffalo since they have two applications period per year. As a resident I've drawn javelina tags every year I applied (knock on wood). It's a peculiar species though because all units are good you just need to find them. It's a needle in a haystack unless you are VERY familiar with a particular area. My best advice is to apprach it like an elk hunt...spend the whole week hunting and hunt hard. To be honest it's not the first hunt I would take a youth. Its about the opposite from an easy antelope hunt in Wyoming. One awesome thing is the weather. If you pick a unit around or south of Phoenix the weather in February is usually awesome. It is a very challenging hunt. Bring the .22 for rabbits and other small game.

You can buy 2 points a year for javelina, turkey, and bison.

I don't think there is a "best unit" for javelina, unless of course you subscribe to the javelina theory that the best unit is the one you don't draw...

>You can buy 2 points a
>year for javelina, turkey, and
>bison.
>
>I don't think there is a
>"best unit" for javelina, unless
>of course you subscribe to
>the javelina theory that the
>best unit is the one
>you don't draw...

Like ArizonaBuild said you can certainly obtain 2 points per year.

Thanks guys, I sent them $30 for my wife and I. By the time we move down there we should have 10+ points. I know we wont need that many but we should be able to pick any hunt we want. They get my license money every year so I might as well get the points. Kinda like Utah general deer. I don't need 12+ points but when I go I can take some friends.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom