Javelina

mossback50cal

Very Active Member
I was lucky and drew a Javelina tag this year. It is for units 12,13,15,16,1,20,21,22,30,31,32,33 and 34. Its for January 15- March 31. Would anyone be willing to share some information with me? Where should I start, as I have never hunted Javelina before.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

They can be fun little suckers to hunt. They don't have the best eye sight so as long as you keep the wind in your favor , you can stalk up real close to them.Also they aren't like deer and elk , meaning they don't feed all night and are up in the early dark mornings, infact they are just the oppisite.They stay bundled up in thier holes/nests/ground homes till the sun comes up and once it warms up they come out and start moving around for feed and water.If the weather gets cold or rainy/snowy ,sometimes that really shuts em down , they are kind of wimpy to colder type weather, so hope for no snow/rain/freezing temps.Which ever unit you decide to consentrate on , call the G&F and ask them for the game warden who works the unit you plan on going to. Then call the game warden up and ask him for any help he can lend.Good luck and take your camera, they are fun once you find em.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom