Jetson flying vehicle

highfastflyer

Very Active Member
For all those trying to reach those landlocked public lands in most Western states. It will fly for 20 minutes at 63 mph. Deposit of $22,000 and total purchase price is $92,000 with deliveries for 2022 hunt season. I’m sure the Chinese will find a cheaper way to do it in 3-5 years and prices will drop. It can carry up to 210 pounds and would easily fit inside a small enclosed trailer.

Yeah, and we need to find some hunters with rifle and gear that weigh less than 210 pounds.
LOL. I did hear the test pilot say they have a bigger motor upgrade which will take it to 250 lbs. A guy could make 4 flights at a quarter deboned per trip. The 20 minute flight time needs to increase also but it’s a starting place for the future, right?

you can link them for tight formation flying.....buy three and 2 will carry gear.....

Unfortunately, still illegal in Idaho. I did watch a TV show in Montana where they used a helicopter to access some land-locked public, and shoot an elk.

What's the legal airspace above private dirt? You'd have to be above that, otherwise the "corner hopping" dilemma is a farce.

I already predicted this. It is quite evident that the future is grim for the remote wilderness areas unless our wonderful dnr starts putting laws in motion today to outlaw the use of these things.

I know that model has about a $100K price tag on it but….there are plenty of high dollar posers out there that would/can buy them to get the advantage over the “average joe” hunter making the struggle continue for those pursuing their hunting dreams on a normal, “average joe” budget.

Good luck to those who don’t want this added technology in our hunting world.

I already predicted this. It is quite evident that the future is grim for the remote wilderness areas unless our wonderful dnr starts putting laws in motion today to outlaw the use of these things.

I know that model has about a $100K price tag on it but….there are plenty of high dollar posers out there that would/can buy them to get the advantage over the “average joe” hunter making the struggle continue for those pursuing their hunting dreams on a normal, “average joe” budget.

In one regard, I completely share your sentiments. In another regard, we are so far past this addition of technology making hunting more unfair, that I'm completely unconcerned, I've hiked in roadless areas multiple times and got to a good spot just in time to watch an illegal 4 wheeler / motorcycle blaze their way in and spook out game. Sometimes they are on a trail, sometimes not. On top of that I know guys who will spend weeks of scouting and/or tens of thousands of dollars on a team of guides and/or equipment so forth and they manage to cull out the best genetics every year. Despite all of this, overall success rates and tag numbers have decreased the last three years. If we are only allowed 1 tag every two or three years, why should we worry if others use inordinate amounts of money, time, and resources to get their prize. Hopefully they use it to take out a bunch of predators in the process. Hunting technology is not what is resulting in a declining deer herd.

Reminds me of the guy who moved from CA to Mississippi years ago. He bought his hang glider. One clear fall morning he launched it off the highest red hill in the area, and was gliding peacefully over some river bottom land. Two rednecks were out duck hunting that same morning. One looked up and said "Look at that!". Instinctively, the other hunter unloaded his gun on it. One looked at the other and said "What in Hell was that?" The other replied..."I dunno, but it sure turned loose of that poor sumb!tch when I shot it!

I think I the Forest Service has some fairly strict laws about flying which may protect some of those lands. What I see here is an advantage to access those landlocked state and BLM sections, almost 4 million acres in Wyoming which are public but inaccessible, 3 million in Montana and 2 million acres in Nevada. This isn’t a rich mans tool only as many drive $90,000 pickups nowadays or have a $60,000 pickup towing a $20,000 SXS and a $20,000 trailer set up. It’s a way for the public to finally get access to what we’ve been locked out of until now with cheaper and more affordable technology. Each state will have to decide how they handle this but having a few large ranches control much of the West gets frustrating for many, here we have a viable workaround and a solution.

You wouldn’t be able to legally land one of these in a wilderness area unless you landed on an already designated air strip.

That's the Idaho ruling too, even for any public land. Only approved air strips
Are you saying Idaho has ruled that it is illegal to access any landlocked public land from the air? I’m not wanting to argue I’ve just never seen anything on that before concerning Idaho. Everything I’ve ever seen showed that most states don’t want to touch any corner crossing type issues because they don’t want it to go to the Supreme Court for a ruling.

I’m all in, this is a Game changer for my fellow Utahns. Time to cut some weight and put The trusty 2 stroke on KSL

8A122940-D951-4516-8041-4319E4E2441F.jpeg

I am not sure you meant to use the word “wilderness”. A true wilderness area Has zero access from the air. Can’t even have supplies dropped from the air. Must be accessed by foot only (human or animal) for people and their supplies

N-Corey:

From page 97 of the current regs "It is unlawful to "
To use aircraft, including any unmanned aircraft system (drone), to locate game or furbearing animals and communicate location to persons on the ground, or to use any helicopter to transport hunters, gear, or game except at established landing fields.

This was pushed many years ago, and the team of lawyers was told they would lose, as it doesn't preclude general access, but IDFG does control the ability and means to hunt in there !!!

There's going to be a bunch of those piled up in the mountains! I'm pretty sure the FAA might frown on them too.

In one regard, I completely share your sentiments. In another regard, we are so far past this addition of technology making hunting more unfair, that I'm completely unconcerned, I've hiked in roadless areas multiple times and got to a good spot just in time to watch an illegal 4 wheeler / motorcycle blaze their way in and spook out game. Sometimes they are on a trail, sometimes not. On top of that I know guys who will spend weeks of scouting and/or tens of thousands of dollars on a team of guides and/or equipment so forth and they manage to cull out the best genetics every year. Despite all of this, overall success rates and tag numbers have decreased the last three years. If we are only allowed 1 tag every two or three years, why should we worry if others use inordinate amounts of money, time, and resources to get their prize. Hopefully they use it to take out a bunch of predators in the process. Hunting technology is not what is resulting in a declining deer herd.
You really think hunting technology has nothing to do with declining deer herds?

I think I the Forest Service has some fairly strict laws about flying which may protect some of those lands. What I see here is an advantage to access those landlocked state and BLM sections, almost 4 million acres in Wyoming which are public but inaccessible, 3 million in Montana and 2 million acres in Nevada. This isn’t a rich mans tool only as many drive $90,000 pickups nowadays or have a $60,000 pickup towing a $20,000 SXS and a $20,000 trailer set up. It’s a way for the public to finally get access to what we’ve been locked out of until now with cheaper and more affordable technology. Each state will have to decide how they handle this but having a few large ranches control much of the West gets frustrating for many, here we have a viable workaround and a solution.
Not a rich man’s tool?! Your family gonna let you drop $100K on a 1 seater drone? “Have fun in your $100K drone this weekend honey, while I have fun in the new corvette.”

My wife, like many others would want something of equal value if I were to ever find 100K to spend on a toy. So yes, it is a rich man’s tool.

Regardless if I can afford one or not, they should never be allowed to fly over hunting areas durning hunting season at the very least.

Hunting tech IS a contributor to declining herd numbers. Twist the turret and let her fly at 1000 yards….powerful spotting scopes and binos….trail cams that alert you wherever you are, whenever movement is detected….

The list is long. My experience is firsthand in observing these technologies wipe out an area in less than 5 years. I went from seeing 4 points in every canyon I walked into to five years later seeing nothing but yearling 2 points and does. Winters weren’t harsh enough to kill em off during those years either. So I had to go further into the deeper canyons before the deer numbers for quality went back up. There is quality out there but very little. I fear that what is left will fall subject to the drone tech making roadless areas just as populated with hunters as road areas now are.

When I last hunted Wyoming, 15 years ago, they had a law if you flew into public land, you could not hunt for 24 hours after landing. It is my understanding the state outfitters got this law passed due to hunters having helos dropping them off on great public hunting land that was landlocked by private ranches and outfitters having the hunting rights to those ranches and the landlocked public land it surrounded. Elk mountain in Wyoming was a good example of that.
RELH

When I last hunted Wyoming, 15 years ago, they had a law if you flew into public land, you could not hunt for 24 hours after landing. It is my understanding the state outfitters got this law passed due to hunters having helos dropping them off on great public hunting land that was landlocked by private ranches and outfitters having the hunting rights to those ranches and the landlocked public land it surrounded. Elk mountain in Wyoming was a good example of that.
RELH
That's BS......the 24 hour law is to keep hunters from locating game from the air then immediately pursuing.....

Lot's of states have the same law.....AND...it is a good law

Not a rich man’s tool?! Your family gonna let you drop $100K on a 1 seater drone? “Have fun in your $100K drone this weekend honey, while I have fun in the new corvette.”

My wife, like many others would want something of equal value if I were to ever find 100K to spend on a toy. So yes, it is a rich man’s tool.

Regardless if I can afford one or not, they should never be allowed to fly over hunting areas durning hunting season at the very least.
How many $90k pickups are out there nowadays. Besides the price will likely drop and the range be extended as battery technology evolves. Game and Fish can’t control the airspace so they will still be allowed to fly whether used for hunting or not. Many sightseers just out checking out the beautiful fall colours or a myriad of other reasons to go flying. The new SXS and 4 wheeler craze will now have competition but at least it don’t tear up the landscape.

RELH
It changed about 5 years ago. In Wyoming you can fly n hunt same day but cannot scout from the air from like June thru January 31st or some long seasonal ban on scouting and drone flying. You cannot camp overnight on state lands so the change opened them up for hunt n fly in the same day, just don’t get caught circling or communicating game location info.

Hunting tech IS a contributor to declining herd numbers. Twist the turret and let her fly at 1000 yards….powerful spotting scopes and binos….trail cams that alert you wherever you are, whenever movement is detected….

The list is long. My experience is firsthand in observing these technologies wipe out an area in less than 5 years. I went from seeing 4 points in every canyon I walked into to five years later seeing nothing but yearling 2 points and does. Winters weren’t harsh enough to kill em off during those years either. So I had to go further into the deeper canyons before the deer numbers for quality went back up. There is quality out there but very little. I fear that what is left will fall subject to the drone tech making roadless areas just as populated with hunters as road areas now are.
Declining deer numbers aren’t due to technology for the most part. Does control that and hardly any Western state has much Doe hunting anymore. In the 1970s I could harvest 6 does a year. Declining mule deer are down due to many reasons but flying overhead won’t affect the does and fawns, just a few bucks. If you want more bucks then limit tags but hunters don’t like that much and it’s terrible for new hunter recruitment. You might want to try and get an APR Antler point restriction for a few years to up your buck to doe ratios.

There is still a lot of Doe Deer hunting, look around
Not sure which state you are looking at for mule deer but Wyoming killed 20,423 bucks and 3388 does in 2019. Utah killed 24314 bucks and 3349 antlerless. Most of those are in areas near agricultural areas where they have to control the population closer to management levels due to landowner concerns. In the 1960s Utah killed as many as 55,092 does in 1963 and in 1988 they harvested 22235 does. The Game and Fish departments do well on managing doe numbers when they are way down like now there is very limited opportunity. In the early 1990s hunters could harvest 6 does just in the Wyoming Range before the 1993 bad winter and afterwards there has been almost no doe hunting.

There is still a lot of Doe Deer hunting, look around
Last year Montana had 11,000 doe tags just for Region 7, Numbers were cut this year as deer numbers have tanked.
I am going to venture a guess that a disproportionate number of those tags are filled on public land.
Landowners that are making money off the deer are not about to put the hammer down on the best buck attractant there is.

They are Still Hunting Does Here!

Slaughtering Does in Colorado!
In 2019 Colorado harvested 7502 does, but this also includes whitetail does and 28,310 bucks. A far lower number of Mule deer does are being harvested in these Western states. It’s not the doe harvest which keeps deer numbers low, it’s a myriad of other reasons. In Wyoming, other than Ag areas we haven’t had much doe hunting for decades. In the early 1990s you could harvest 6 does per year per hunter just in the Wyoming Range.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom