Jr's doe antelope

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
It was great finally getting out and doing some hunting again. This summer has been horrible. In late May my dad was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. Five weeks later, my mom diagnosed with colon cancer. My dad has been through 5 rounds of chemo, and after one more, the docs are optimistic that he will be cancer free for a while. Small cell is stubborn, and will probably show up again, but we were still very happy with that news. My mom has been through a couple of surgeries, and the docs are confident they removed all of cancer. So now, it's time to get back to hunting.
My dad's friend called him a week ago and asked if my son would be interested in a doe antelope tag. Normally, we probably would have passed, but not this year. My dad and I were ready to get out and do something fun.
The hunt was a blast, and my boy burned some ammo, but he did get his goat. No trophies here, no big antlers, just family enjoying their time together. So, while we are all out later in the season trying to figure out if that buck is 170 or 180, don't forget to enjoy the hunt. And be sure to remember to share the hunt with someone you love.

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

guys

good luck up in WYO...even I'm goin for doe also in Wyo!! Congrats to JR. fun to be with whole family!

vinihunt

congrats guys all the way around! and the family and memories are the best trophies of all! well done!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom