Jumping Jack Tent Trailers

Drnaln

Been thinking about buying one of these trailers & need some input.Did a seach but couldn't find anything on them.Any thoughts would be great!
Thanks,David

I was thinking about one of these also for a while but in the end I opted to invest in a nice canvas tent. For about 1400 bucks I could get a much nicer tent than what the JJ provides. Since I already have a trailer to haul my ATV's, it didn't make much sense to spend 5000 or so for another trailer with a tent on it. If you don't have a trailer or a tent and your rig doesn't have enough room to haul your tent along with all your other gear, then it might make more sense. Bottom line, your spending a lot of money for a two place ATV trailer and a tent. They have their place, just make sure you think it through.

I used to have one and loved it.

Weight was never an issue. We loaded it with two quads, a motorcycle, two coolers and had no problems.

We had the two double bed model. One year four of us slept in it semi comfortably.

Had it for three hunting seasons, with at least two trips per year.

Cons = had to replace the left tail light twice in the three years, the paint on it could have been a little better, the paint was coming off of several areas (especially on the fenders.) I am not talking a little paint, i pretty much had to sand and primer at least half the fender on both sides

pro = super easy to set up the tent; if you are lazy like me and dont like to spend time setting up tents, you will be happy with this trailer; the tent is set up in 4 minutes, throw your gear inside and get to relaxin

if you decide to go with it, get it with the optional brakes; with this option and the "brake level" sensor you can install inside your truck you dont even realize you are towing a trailer; just set the brake level to a sensitivity you are comfortable with and you'll also save on your truck brakes

bottom line, when i bought it, i did not already have a trailer and my hunting partner and myself had just bought quads; we needed something to tow the quads and this fit the bill perfectly; would i do it again.......YES

the only reason i dont still have it, is because it got stolen on the way home from one of our hunting trip last year....quads and all!

Hope this helped.

Jimmy

Jimmy,Helps alot & sorry for your loss.Need a trailer & trying to decide between Junping Jack or small toy-hauler.My quad trailer is junk & need to get something else.
David

One thing I forgot to mention was the ground clearence combined with the size made it easy to get into some areas that probably would be difficult with a toy hauler, but don't quote me on that, I don't have any experience with a toy hauler, I just know that some of the areas that we hunt in are sketchy at best even with just a tiny bit of weather

Dear Jimmy,
How are you. Life is fine here. The trailer could probably use an ice chest inside so you want have to walk outside to get a beer and bump into those wild animals ;-) Mattresses coulda been a little thicker too for some of us fat people who need a little extra cusion :D Trailering it was fine. Sometimes I forgot it was back there, since I am the ONLY one who drives!! J/K :D

See ya soon at your second house here in CO.

I own the original Jumping Jack trailer. I bought it used in the summer of 2002 and it's still going strong. We've put a ton of mileage and wear and tear on it and it just keeps on going. It's built tough and will go places that many trailers and toy haulers won't. It tows like it's not even there, even at high speeds. Money well spent!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom