Junior/Senior Wyoming Antelope

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
My son is a senior in high school this year, and the one hunt he really wanted to do before shipping out to the Marine Corp next June was a Wyoming antelope hunt. It really was a blast.

After and 11 hour drive, my son got this big mature buck just 10 minutes into the hunt. He just could not pass it up. This buck is about 14", and scores in the mid-70's, Just a heavy, mature Wyoming buck.

jrgoat1.jpg

jrgoat2.jpg

jrgoat3.jpg

After getting Jr's buck taken care of, and blowing a long stalk on another buck, we saw this buck. The minute I saw him, I knew we were done looking. Not matter how long it took, I was going to get this buck on the ground.

biggoat1.jpg

biggoat2.jpg

After a blown stak or two, and a warning shot or three, we decided to back out and let the buck settle down. An hour or two later, I was finally able to connect. This is by far my biggest buck, and first of mine to break the magical 80" mark.

srgoat1.jpg

srgoat2.jpg

srgoat3.jpg

It had been several years since I had taken out my trusty Model 70 30-06. I've had this rifle since I was 12 years old. It was time to take her out of the safe. My son made me the sling out of paracord for Father's Day. Somehow, using that rifle with that sling made it a little more special.

srgoat4.jpg

Thank you Wyoming, and even more, thank you Buzz for the information. My son and I will alway appreciate it.

Way to go! Great goats for the both of you...if you don't mind, what unit? Been racking up points for a while and wanting to make the best of it. Have some areas in mind, but if you we're seeing lots of size able goats would appreciate any info.

The Beast is Dead, Long Live the Beast.

-The Nuge

Awesome trophys guys!! can't think of a better way to spend time than a Father Son hunt.. I hope the lead I had works out for you on the Lion no promises, but would love to see that thing after you got done with it. Congratulations on your Double!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom