Just For Wolfhunter

TOPGUN

Long Time Member
I know you are passionately against LR hunting, especially for mule deer, like a lot of members are. Since I didn't want to hijack the aerial scouting thread jm77 started I decide to start this thread regarding Robb Wiley and his business. In case you aren't aware of it, he's now catering to LR hunters with several hunts just for them the next two years and has even joined with Len Backus to sponsor a LR training school at his place next summer. Take a look at the LRH site Backus runs and there are a bunch of threads regarding Robb and all the big deer they are taking. Between possibly spotting by aerial means, he's now going to take more and more of these trophy deer at distances where they have no chance at survival if they are out during daylight hours! It looks to me like this is just one of many outfitters like jm77 and BuzzH are talking about that is only out to make money any way he can and not put anything back into the resource!

Speak with any one of Robb Wiley's former guides and you will quickly learn that low probability long range pot shots are nothing new with his operation. One former guide in particular once told me, among other things I will not repeat, that Robb would cuss and yell at any client that didn't take such shots. It's no surprise Robb has a lot of guide turnover at his operation.

But yes, he produces big deer. If a big buck is what you are after by any means necessary than Robb is your man.

The mythology surrounding surrounding Wiley is always interesting... I guess the big deer just are not going to have a chance now.

Judas Jenny! I start a thread where we can discuss one of the big things that you hate about the present state of hunting and are always commenting on and that's what you come up with! I give up!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom