Just throwing this out there

DPBB1331

Name is Jason Von Allman; been a viewing member for a while. Don't contribute much because haven't had much to contribute.

Long story short, have been putting my son and daughter in for AZ youth hunts for last 5 years. Have drawn youth cow elk hunts 4 times and took an animal 3 of those times. They are hooked...

Daughter was finally drawn for a youth deer hunt in 18B. Have scouted twice in last 2 months, but not finding much for animals since we don't know the area real well. Have came in off of Anvil Rock Road as well as Trout Creek.....haven't seen a buck yet.

Question is....when hunt comes around, is this the areas we should focus on? Any insight would be greatly appreciated....DM's work
IMG_4653.jpeg

Pic is of Samantha from hunt a couple years ago...

I’ve never hunted AZ, so I can’t contribute squat in the way of info but I do want to wish you good luck and tell you how awesome it is you are getting the young’ns out there!

I’ve never hunted AZ, so I can’t contribute squat in the way of info but I do want to wish you good luck and tell you how awesome it is you are getting the young’ns out there!
Appreciate that.....we are heading out tomorrow. I am sure it will be a fun trip. Had a couple members assist with a little direction, so things are looking good. Will report back with results.

Well.....our family big game season has come to an end. Nothing but success. My kids were able to put tags on a cow elk and buck from CO and my daughter and I had a great hunt in AZ.

Not to be long winded.....but, from a parent point of view.....we had a great hunt in AZ. We were only able to hunt for three days, but it was a good three. We were in deer each day with multiple opportunities. We also got to see javelina as well as a small herd of elk. What I am most proud of is that Sam had a goal and stuck to it. She wanted something bigger than a dink or a fork and had each of those in her scope daily only to pass. "Let's hold off for something bigger Dad" was music to my ears (the processing fee was stacking up). Not only is she a great shot/hunter, but also a true sports(wo)man. Still disappointing, the only mature deer we came across was strapped to the front of a 4 wheeler...congrats to that young man, it was a good one.

I also want to thank those that responded to us for direction. Your input was very well received and appreciated.

Here is a pic of Sam's CO elk.....the freezer is full for another year!!!

CO Elk 2023.jpg

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom