K1 Leaving the Nest

TripleK

Long Time Member
Sad momma post here- kinda happy too though. bittersweet, I suppose. My oldest is graduating and leaving me. He's going to spend a couple of years in Idaho/Oregon (do they NOT know me? A mission in Idaho when I live a day's drive away??? What? Somebody better put a tracker on my car....LOl) then he'll be off to college in Virginia then med school somewhere. 10 or 12 years from now he'll hopefully be ready to operate on some of you old farts- replace your hips and knees so you can keep on hunting. (at least he will be able to take care of his momma in her old age, right? :))

So- if any in the Idaho Nampa LDS mission area sees this awesome kid- be kind. Put him to work- maybe have him do your heavy lifting or move something for you. I done good on size didn't I? Good grass year in 1998...LOL (6 ft, 280lbs- good solid kid! They actually made him lose 20lbs to go on his mission. If this were, like, 200 years ago, I'd be the prized maiden in the village for throwin' such strong, strappin' boys to carry on the family farm work...LOL)

Here he is, world!

88457kartergrad.jpg

9237karterfootball15.jpeg

Good thing they have to shave on missions, huh? Some folks might hide from this guy knocking on their door. Kinda looks like a mobster here....lol i can see it now "Knock Knock. LDS MIssionaries, sir. We've come to share a beautiful message with you." "That right? Well I ain't lettin' you in! You tell Nicky I'll get him his money and to quit sending his goons to my door!!!" hahahaha

45308karterrookinasuit.jpg

Yep - that's my nephew!! Proud of that kid. I guess now I need to make my own post about my kid. But, I will wait a few days so TripleK can have her own moment of glory!

Great job Jenn for raising such a terrific kid! (The other 3 are pretty OK too.)

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>Yep - that's my nephew!! Proud
>of that kid. I guess
>now I need to make
>my own post about my
>kid. But, I will wait
>a few days so TripleK
>can have her own moment
>of glory!
>
Nobody cares, Roy. Just send my kid money. ;-) hahahah

>Great job Jenn for raising such
>a terrific kid! (The other
>3 are pretty OK too.)

Thanks! Back atcha on your graduating senior too.

Congrats Jenn. Did they have to use chains on that one when he was born? Don't know about his birth weight but his yearling weight is certainly remarkable. ;-)

I can't believe your kids are growing up like they are. We've sorta been able to watch them grow up from a distance through MM.

Has the church gotten a restraining order against you yet? So you can't cross state lines?

LAST EDITED ON May-26-16 AT 10:03AM (MST)[p]

Pssshaw! They can't stop me. I'll bust thru a restraining order. i dunno though- folks who bust through barriers in that part of Oregon end up getting shot...I better be careful! lol

Who sends a momma's boy to the only the next state over? ;-) His mission borders Nevada in Idaho and Oregon- very rural areas.

I'd be proud too Jenn. You worked for 18 years to make it to this day. Congratulations, job well done!

Gonna be a doctor huh? That's great to hear. Some bright people get into something silly like Spanish literature or other stuff and kinda blow it.

>
>Gonna be a doctor huh? That's
>great to hear. Some bright
>people get into something silly
>like Spanish literature or other
>stuff and kinda blow it.
>
I know. Total losers. ugh...can't stand those people.

>Congrats Jenn. Did they have to
>use chains on that one
>when he was born? Don't
>know about his birth weight
>but his yearling weight is
>certainly remarkable. ;-)

Pretty much! LOL he was actually butt first- trying to come into this world bass-ackwards. The doc made an incision for the c-section and said. "oh wow...big baby! Need a bigger incision!" lol Then some nurse jumped up on the table and started pushing on my stomach- like putting all her weight into it. Had we been in a rural hospital I'm sure they'd have pulled a come-along out and hooked on. ;-) LOL

He was only nearly 9 lbs. I call him Gigantor now. Size 14 feet too. Do you know how expensive it is to keep this active kid in shoes? He hit the weight room 2 years ago and suddenly started hulking out of all his clothes, too.

He's got 2 little bros who are linemen with legs like tree trunks, too. I think the 12 year old will be bigger than his big bro. Crazy! Raising boys is definitely not the for the weak.

Wow those little guys sure did some growing.
Bet the wrestling coach would loved him as a heavyweight.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I will keep an eye out for him. We live in La Grande Oregon. If he makes it over here I will feed him some elk burgers. See if we can get that 20 lbs back. I should be able to pick him out of a crowd at the Meridian Temple open house. Not that you would drive all that way to come see the new Temple, but if you do you just might see the son.

Good job!!!!

DZ

LAST EDITED ON May-26-16 AT 11:58AM (MST)[p]>>
>>Gonna be a doctor huh? That's
>>great to hear. Some bright
>>people get into something silly
>>like Spanish literature or other
>>stuff and kinda blow it.
>>
>I know. Total losers. ugh...can't stand
>those people.

I see what you did there.

Gonna buy a new belcher off the grocery savings?

Congrats! He sounds like a great kid. Best of luck to him on his mission. It will be a great investment of time and the experience will benefit him of the rest of his life. Good work mom.

-Hawkeye-

JUDAS JENNY!

Kickin Him out Already huh?

I Hope it was His Choice?

Has He Ever Whooped Mom's Ass?:D

They Grow up Fast Don't They?

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

TripleK, pat yourself on the back, you did a great job with that young man. The wife and I know about the money spent on shoes. Our oldest is over 6 ft. and size 14 shoe. when he was a motor officer, the wife said they had to use the whole cow hide to make his motorcycle riding boots.
Just a little warning, it is when the last kid leaves the nest that you will do the most crying.

RELH

2 Thumbs up for you and your young man! It takes a special mom to send a special son on an expedition like that!
I hope he has a rewarding, successful, long and enjoyable life!
Zeke

My Hat is off to ALL MORMON Families. I always welcomed Missionaries. Great Young Men.

Everyone above said it better. Be Proud and enjoy your rewards.

Jagerdad

Something must be Up?

I Haven't Even been offered the Ass Whoopin Yet?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Best of Luck Karter!

Make Sure & Take your Guns & Fishing Pole!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom