Kamado Cookers?

philthy

Hey guys,
I'm in the market for a new cooking toy. Has anyone used/owned a Kamado Joe cooker? I'm trying to decide between that and a Big Green Egg. The KJ seems to have more updated bells and whistles, but the BGE has been around forever. I'd love to hear some opinions!

Had a BGE. Easily the least used item I have ever had. Was a pain to clean the few times we used it. Love the idea of how they cook, just more work than I wanted. Just my experience. Others may chime in with better info.

I have a vision grills ceramic that I came across for free. I use it often and love it.
Before I happened upon the vision, I was looking at buying a Kong, by Grilla Grills. They are cheaper that the Joe's and BGE's, and will ship free to your door.

I use a Komado Joe and love it. You can slow smoke at 200 or sear a steak at 800. And I'm in North Idaho, so in a cold weather environment it actually functions in the winter. A pellet grill or stainless and propane don't work worth a **** in cold weather. Once you get ceramic to temperature it will hold it indefinitely; till you run out of coals. Downside is it has to be tended if you're smoking vs a pellet that can be put on a timer.

Found an online deal at Ace Hardware for the Kamado Joe Classic II for $300 off the 1300 MSRP, so I pulled the trigger. Can't wait to make some great food on it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom