Kanab - Wilson Cell Phone Boosters

cannonball

Very Active Member
This fall I will be hunting the Pauns. unit and know how poor the cell phone reception is. We are getting a little older and will be in one outfit. Would appreciate any information any of you could give me on models of Wilson cell phone boosters for anywhere, but mainly those of you who have used them in the Kanab area - Nephi Pasture, John R Flat, the Buckskin, etc.

The wilson in my work truck doesn't do a damn thing but hold my phone. Its wireless, I wouldn't waste money on one.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I use one and it works great in the areas I need it to.I have not try it on the south part of 89. But on the upper part of 89 I get cell service everywhere, except the deep dark rock canyons. When not in the truck I put it in the boat on Fish lake and I can talk all around the lake.
I have the bigger daul band unit. I think I paid 289.00 for it. I bought the craddle but dont use it as I dont talk on the speaker phone. I have alot of teenagers in my truck and they are always asking for the hersey bar . That what we call the small little thing that we hold in are hands with the phone when making a call. A person next to you in the back seat may not have cell service, but when you have the hersey bar in your hand you will and they wont. You are supose to have the small hersey shaped bar within 10 inches of the phone. But in areas where tough cell service we just hold it on the back of the phone while talking.
The place I bought mine from in Hurricane ,Utah .Said to keep the packaging in good shape and if we didn't like we could return it. He said he has never had one returned.
Hope that helps

I can get cell service at the top of the Podunk on the highest spot on the Loop Road, without a booster. The only location on the top I can get a cell.

DC

Lumpy, Went to the head of Daniels yesterday. Talked to a fellow with an archer permit that was chasing what he thought was a 370 bull. See there you go again and quit trying to steal the post. I'm serious here and need some information. .

By the way, thanks for the information BigJohnT. Do you know the model number? 801201 has the best gain.

Where you at the head of Daniels canyon up near fish lake ? Thats where my boys are hunting this weekend.
Yes I have the 801201 .

We were up there in our RZR. More elk than deer. There were quite a few archers and one hunter had a big bull permit. Could that have been your family.

Currently cell service is completely relevant to what provider you are using. After the big switch over the only service that seems to be worth while here in Kane county is Verizon. With a booster you can get service in 90% of the Pauns area. Our sheriff's office just came up with a couple of new style boosters; I'm not sure of the brand but would be willing to find out the information for you. You can get good service from Kanab all the way to Page, AZ. The new boosters are green in color not blue, if that helps.

I used to work for Wilson Electronics.
The 801201 is the best vehicle amp to get.
with the 12" magnet mount and the cradle for
you phone to sit in.
301101, 301146

cannonball,
I got your message and I'm working on getting the correct information for you. My fellow deputy just got one. It's green in color. I'm trying to pin him down on the specifics. I'll call you as soon as he gets the info for me. He is a leaky vessel, so it might take some time. Just kidding, I'm on-line with him now.

Thanks to all of you that helped me. Tonight we went to dinner at Bowery Haven in Fishlake with our new Wilson booster. Called from the parking lot, to friends in the valley and it came in loud and clear with the booster, and before that there was absolutely no reception. There are different options for different phones if you have a wire one, so watch what you're getting.

I don't think we will have a problem in the Kanab area in November.

Here is what I got. I was going to get the 801201 booster, but it was a $100.00 more and in doing some research and talking to some people it was for multiple users and I didn't need that. The remote connector has to be within a foot of your cell phone anyway - I guess, and it doesn't give you anymore gain than the non-remote one I purchased. This one you can velcro(included) the little flat connector to the back of the phone when needed, or attach it to the phone with an elastic band. Works fine. The one thing they did suggest is that for rural and also mountains ranges make sure it's a dual band.

We have Verizon and I understand some of the other systems don't work that well in Southern Utah.

1 Wilson Electronics 301103 ... $21.88 1 $21.88 outside antenna

1 Wilson 3-Watt In-Vehicle 81210... $135.56 1 $135.56 includes inside phone attachment and 12v dc adapter

1 Wilson Electronics 859903 ... $16.95 1 $16.95 110 adapter and plug

Cannonball
I was at the Bowery Saturday night pulling a boat out of the water with a white ford . Was I there when you where there ? They are pulling the docks out of the water so I had to pull the boat out .

Didn't notice the truck, but there was a large very nice boat, just pulling in to load about 6:30pm. Was that you?

Yip, That's the one I saw, but it wasn't completely loaded at the time we were there. We're close enough we drive up to Fishlake for an evening out. We rented a spot from Sue a couple of years ago, but didn't use it enough to warrant the cost. We can haul the RZR and pull the trailer at the same time, so Fishlake is only a dinner out now and just once in a while at best.

We were driving a grayish green Fusion, parked directly in front, under the big Pine tree.

Yep I rolled up in my white F 250 and put my big winch and brush gaurd right in front of your hood.
87016.jpg

Haha small world ! But it was a little dirtier than in the picture. So you are from the Richfield area ? Maybe we will catch you up there sometime ?

Nice Rig when the front Tire ain't in a mud hole!:D

Check your PM BIGJOHN!

For "GOSH" Sakes,We got "TARDS" on this Site that can't handle a Damn,I Mean DANG thing,maybe MM should add a Church/Biblical Forum for the MM'ers that can't handle the Hunting Forums?
Pfffffffffff............!!!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Will watch for your grill. Fishlake is about a done deal, unless you are one of hardy mack fisherman, an ice fisherman or from Southern Utah. You said that you purchased your Wilson in Hurricane. If you live South, we pull our trailer to Beaverdam, January, February, and March and ride the desert.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom