Kaniksu Forest area Mule Deer

Abomb

Hopefully someone one can help me out on this one. I moved to Post Falls a couple years ago From Montana. I love to hunt Mulies but am limited up here. I have hunted the southern part of the state a few times, which is what I am more accustomed to. I have heard that the northern Panhandle, Kaniksu Forest, has some good Mulies in it. Wondering if someone can help me out on a place to start and what size deer are in the area. I am looking for a buck in the 170 or bigger class. If I cannot find that I will just fill my tag with a whitetail doe. My September is filled up with hunting Elk so will be scouting up there in October and hunting the first big snow of the year if it falls within the season. Thanks for any info. Feel free to PM me if you want to keep info on DL!!

abomb got a moose tag for that area nov 1-14 may scout in october as well . will keep you posted if you do the same thanks and good luck.

Thanks Twister. I will keep an eye out for Moose. If I find one I will definitely let you know. I tried for a Moose tag by Viola and got nada.

mulies are there, but they run sparatic..you'll jump a mulie one minute.. then kick up a whitetail just a little farther away.. you dont know what your going to get up there.. just try to stay high as you can. alot of the old 1910 fire burn areas have them lurkin around.. sundance, the backside of schweitzer, the peaks above to the north east (buzzard..etc) of brush lake. mulies in canuck basin, up near the canadian border. right on top is the ruby ridge trail.. mulies out there.
P.M'ed you on another spot.

Thanks madmoose. I have hunted some of those area you mentioned in your pm and have seen some muleys but nothing impressive and they were few and far between.I will check out the other areas you mentioned. Thanks again for your input!!

thats just what it is few and far between. but if your into whiteys theres hogs all over the panhandle :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom