Keeping it cool.

Castnshoot

Very Active Member
Ran into this guy yesterday in Baker Nevada.

It was 105, and he was trying to make that last grade into Vegas with out over heating.

I have never seen that trick before :)

53FE5C84-C31B-4372-9A31-FD17181D53FC.jpeg

My Grandpa used to hang the water bag in front of the grill to cool his 57 chev pick up. he got tired of it overheating and bought a ford and never looked back.....,

The bag leaked a little bit he had to fill it each time we went somewhere. I thought the leaking was to cool his truck LOL I could be wrong it was a long time ago

The bag leaked a little bit he had to fill it each time we went somewhere. I thought the leaking was to cool his truck LOL I could be wrong it was a long time ago

those were evaporative water coolers.....they were made of canvas and the water leaked out of and cooled like a water cooler.....they tasted like dirt and "cool" is subjective

Carry a bug sprayer when you stop because truck is over heating it saves time to spray the radiator with water, gets ya back on the road quicker.

They Still Use them around here in the Winter Time!

Mostly on Chevy & Dodge Diesels that Ain't Blowing No Warm air at -30!:D

(((Kidding!)))

They Run Full Canvas Covers!

those were evaporative water coolers.....they were made of canvas and the water leaked out of and cooled like a water cooler.....they tasted like dirt and "cool" is subjective
I do remember the dirt tasting part, it was the only water we had with us fishing. This was on Grand Mesa back then if a stream went over rocks for 8-10 feet and was clear we would drink it. Mountain water nothing better....

One of these things was in the window blowing on Mom,,, while Dad and 6 kids suffered just a little more than Mom,, on a miserable drive from Yuma to Grampa and Grama’s house up to the head of the Weber Canyon every summer.

A little 2 lane highway all the way,, with a million hard bottom hooptidoos across the desert.

It was like getting to heaven upon arrival,, especially sliding between those super cool sheets on the bed in the basement the first night there.

We have given up a lot to be so spoiled now days.

1589419344149.jpeg

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom