Kids Say The Damdest Things

muleychaser

I know alot of you out there in MM land have young ones just like myself and sometimes they just melt your heart. Personally I can hardly wait for the day my son shoots his first animal. My son is almost 3 now and he shoots the deer heads I have regularly just to make sure they are dead. Well the other day he came home with my wife and came running to find me and upon finding me he told me his story. Now if you can picture this..... He was holding up 2 fingers and said " 2 moose daddy (then put his arms out and said) and no pow-pow".... well I tell you I was lost for words. Yep just like a kid inside waiting for him to come of age.

I would have to imagine most of you have similiar story's so lets here them, after all they are our future of hunting.

Shane

My daughter is three also, and practices with her fiberglass recurve. She thinks she will be grown up when she's five, so one day she told me, "Maybe when I'm five I can poink a deer with my arrow."
"Poink"=Point+poke

That's my girl!
HB

My two year old daughter and I where at the mall the other day and there is a Xmas display with Santa ectt... We where looking at some reindeer and I said "Look Kylee reindeer" she get excited looking at them and then turns to me and says "shoot dadddy shoot" I pretend to shot them and she start clapping her hands yelling "yea Daddy yea Daddy". Everyone around us thought we where nuts.

Mark

my cousin kyle was about three when we went to a grocery store in casper wyoming to drop off an antelope to get it processed. Next to the game locker where the skinned deer and antelope was a big purple barney suit hanging up. He started crying and said "mommy, they skinned barney"

My four-year-old daughter when I called from camp to say we weren't seeing anything on our elk hunt: "That's okay daddy, elk are hard to find!"

Mark

My son's not old enough to do or say much yet (19 months), but I know that "kid" feeling of wanting him out there in the field with me!

He loves to "go byebye in Daddy's truck" and "see horseys". I'll watch some elk video and he call them "horseys" too!

Something else that just melts me is his love to help me feed the dogs. He has to carry the smaller jug of food for my Brittany to go out and feed and then carry both jugs back to the garage once the dogs are fed. He cries when he can't go with me to "feed doggies".

My son love the outdoors, he is alomst three also. We took him to the meat locker to drop off a few deer. We know the owners so my dad decided to show him all the skinned anamils. We took him in there and he said "there freaking me out grandpa!" It was the funniest thing!

Michael

Shane,

Great Post... I have a 2 year old daughter myself, I got the biggest smile on my face when my wife and I were teaching her to talk and working with her on Animal sounds, Cow's go MOOO, Ducks go quack that sort of stuff. I was watching a Primos Elk calling video earlier this year and now she walks around saying Elks go " Bugle "... No one else at her preschool can bugle like she can...

John

A few years ago, my six year old son and I were out squirrel hunting. My son, who had trophy squirrel hunting on his mind, told me that he wanted me to shoot a king squirrel. When I asked him how he would be able to tell it was a king squirrel, he calmly said, that's easy dad, it's the one with the biggest nuts. I think he meant the most nuts :eek:

Biggest Nuts ya gotta love that one. My son 14 mos. old now makes cow elk calls at every animal with antlers he sees I made the mistake of showing him the local penned elk here in logan while he was rutting and bugling now its cow calls all day long and the occasional bugle he has even taken up my quaker boy cow call and is perfecting his own cow call.

BBH

My 3 year old daughter told me prior to last years season that I couldn't shoot a moose because it would not fit in the frying pan. I about bust a nut laughin.

sight, stalk, and stick!

Trev

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom