Kind of Sad

ColoradoBob

My wife went camping with some friends over the weekend. She took Annie, the Llewellin setter in my avatar. Anyways everything was normal on Friday. She fed her on Friday evening. Saturday morning Annie wasn't interested in breakfast. She just wanted to drink some water. She laid around most of the day---not wanting to hike or walk much-----it was raining so they stayed around camp most of the day. Annie bloated & died Saturday nite. I'm thinking a twisted gut. Man it sure is sad & lonely at the house now. Annie was 9 1/2 years old. She was a bucket list item for me. I always wanted to shoot grouse & pheasants over a good pointing dog. Damn pollen---my eyes all misty now. Bob

I lost a German Shepard with the same symptoms and I think you are right about it being a twisted gut. Sorry about your lost as it is like losing a part of the family.
RELH

Sorry Bob for your loss. I had a contractor not show up 3 times to my house because his dog died and he couldn't deal with it. He lost his best friend.

My wife went camping with some friends over the weekend. She took Annie, the Llewellin setter in my avatar. Anyways everything was normal on Friday. She fed her on Friday evening. Saturday morning Annie wasn't interested in breakfast. She just wanted to drink some water. She laid around most of the day---not wanting to hike or walk much-----it was raining so they stayed around camp most of the day. Annie bloated & died Saturday nite. I'm thinking a twisted gut. Man it sure is sad & lonely at the house now. Annie was 9 1/2 years old. She was a bucket list item for me. I always wanted to shoot grouse & pheasants over a good pointing dog. Damn pollen---my eyes all misty now. Bob
Losing our fur babies isn't easy. They find a very special place in our hearts. We had a dashhound I bought my wife for her birthday. That dog was so special. All my goose hunting buddies loved her as much as us. The worse thing is we don't get to keep them long enough.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom