KKK

Yes sir and it was a Republican that freed the slaves (Lincoln)

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

A college professor told me that since that time the parties have basically flip-flopped. Now let's look into more recent racist-driven politicians. You don't have to dig to deep and I'll save the homework for you guys.

I will say I'm sick and tired of crap like "Black History Month", "BET", yadayadayada.

When is white history month and what channel is "White Entertainment Television" on? Can I make college donations to an all white organization? I think that's a NO.....that might be racist, huh???

You guys crack me up trying to bash one political side over the other when neither one give a rats arse about you and are worried about their own pocketbook. This country needs a complete overhaul. It's good entertainment though.

How bout ...black engineer week... where my better half works.
I asked her if they have ..white enginner week...hell no, and you better not say much about it to the PC boys in charge of the place or your in deep chit...

Well,next four years are likely to be known as BEG....Black Entertainment Government.

You will be BEGging for all kinds of things we used to take for granted.....but will be ignored, because there will be no politicians left who will hear the voice of regular people.

You're right Zigga, it started in the late 1940s with the Dixiecrat revolution. Basically southern segregationist who were democrats decided to split with the party and eventually merged with republicans. Overtime you saw the republicans becoming more evangelical and more socially conservative.

Just wait until affirmative action shows up in how your hunts are drawn. A mass of mullets, the likes of which have before been seen, will rise up and march on Washington.

Son

Robert Byrd Democrat Senator and Grand Cyclops. Typical Dem hypacrits.

In 1942, 24-year-old Byrd joined the Ku Klux Klan (KKK), whose parades in Matoaka, West Virginia, he had witnessed in his childhood. He was unanimously elected Exalted Cyclops, or leader, of his local chapter.[4]

Byrd, in his autobiography, attributed the beginnings of his political career to this incident, although he lamented that they involved the Klan. According to Byrd's recollection, KKK official Joel L. Baskin told him "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd recalls that "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities. I was only 23 or 24, and the thought of a political career had never struck me. But strike me that night, it did."[4] He participated in the KKK during World War II, holding the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. He did not serve in the military during the war, working instead as a welder in a Baltimore, Maryland shipyard, where he helped build warships.[citation needed]

Byrd commented on the 1945 controversy about racially integrating the military. Byrd, when he was 28 years old, wrote to segregationist Senator Theodore Bilbo, of Mississippi, vowing never to serve in such a military:

Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.[5]

He had earlier written Bilbo "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side".[6][7]

Wow! truly fascinating, and Truman issued an executive order that desegrated the military. James K. Polk provoked us into the Mexican American war which gained us that curse called TEXAS. so what the hell is the point were trying to make here.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-08 AT 07:34PM (MST)[p]There's an eldless supply of information about racist republicans on the internet and probably dems too. I think the point is that republicans are perfect and democrats aren't. How close am I?

> I think the point
>is that republicans are perfect
>and democrats aren't. How
>close am I?

Depends if your a republican or a democrat :)

Do you really think that either party has the corner on honesty, racism, dishonesty. The R or D behind their name means very little. We have a Republican senator and a Democratic senator I think they are both fair and honest to a certain degree. Washington was correct "political parties can be the ruin of America."

Wouldnt put it past em'.

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

Hot diggity, how could the repubs get more evangelical than George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?

My understanding is that at least Lincoln was a repub.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I have heard the same BS about how "the party has switched over time."

Too bad it came from dems that were professors. Go back and read the comments the founding fathers made about God and then try and tell me they were democrats in favor of social programs.

I am not buying the pile of BS today.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-08 AT 11:41AM (MST)[p] Hot diggity, how could the repubs get more evangelical than George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?

Are you being facetious? Neither was evangelical and Washington was a federalist. The religious right didn't start gravitating towards the republicans until after the dixiecrats (the religious right I am referring to is the evangelical not Abolitionists, Mormons, or Catholics).

You should do some more reading about the founding fathers and their particular religious views, Jefferson in particular with his views on religion and knowledge.

All I was trying to point out is that AspenAdventures was right. Not only were/are Dems KKK members they even have one in congress to this day! Yet because the Dems are the sweethearts of the MSM (main stream media) they get a pass.

C'mon can you imagine if a Republican had a history with the KKK.........I think they would hang him for sure!!!!!!!!!!

Hey climate PhD 202 I see you also have a poly sci PHD congragulations. Ever hear of Republican Senator from South Carolina Strom Thurmond. He served in the Senate from the early 1960's until 2003. In 1948 he started his own party the segregationist party. Also had the longest filibuster ever on the Civil Rights act sometime late 50's early 60's. Avowed racist segregationist and Republican Senator for 40 years. Yes he did have a history with the KKK. You may be able to keep the climate PHD but send the Poly Sci one back.

This is a great thread, now more religious zealots are dems than republicans? the very reason the southern states are red states is do to the fact they place religion high on their priority list, the south is the KKK strong hold and always was. no doubt the vast majority of those who founded the KKK were southern dems, but the republicans wooed them over using religion in their platform, bravo.

You do know the KKK is a radical Christian organization right? yeah, that's the kind of folks who just love dems. this is one dumb thread.

Negative Forskin. ST was never a KKK member. The lies one will tell. Yes he was a segregationist in his early years. But not KKK.

What get this MAN a pass is he was a WWII war hero. After the outbreak of World War II, Judge Thurmond resigned from the bench to serve in the U.S. Army, rising to lieutenant colonel. In the Battle of Normandy (June 6?August 25, 1944), he crash-landed his glider with the 82nd Airborne Division. For his military service, he received 18 decorations, medals and awards, including the Legion of Merit with Oak Leaf Cluster, Bronze Star with Valor device, Purple Heart, World War II Victory Medal, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, Belgium's Order of the Crown and France's Croix de Guerre.

I'm just sayin.

Oh and no poly sci PHD here. That's for wussy's!

Dude, here are some quotes from Jefferson.

"I have sworn upon the alter of God the eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." 9/23/1800 in a letter to Dr. Benjamin Rush.

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the psople that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever." ..........In 1781, Thomas Jefferson made this statement in Query XVIII of his "Notes on the State of Virginia." Excerpts of these statements are engraved on the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C.

So please tell me more about Jefferson's views on religion. I have at least 50 more quotes that will prove he was a FIRM believer in God.

202 has clarified the KKK situation for us. Thank you 202.

My question has been answered. I now know that Dems started the KKK and the Republicans freed the slaves.

You're smoking too many of those aspen leaves, when did I say Jefferson wasn't religious? what's that got to do the KKK ?

dud

You said, "no doubt the vast majority of those who founded the KKK were southern dems, but the republicans wooed them over using religion in their platform, bravo"

Perhaps the KKK left the dems because they did not like the way the dems began pandering to any minority it could find?

Sorry dude, was responding to diggity when I quoted Jefferson.

So lets hear about it diggity.

Zigga, diggity basically said above that Jefferson did not believe in religion or God. I think it is fair to ask him to back up his statement, and if he can, prove me wrong.

climate phd202 I wrote: "Yes he did have a history with the KKK." This was in reference to Strom Thurmond didn't say he was a member.

If you really believe a segregationist South Carolina Senator in the 1950'-60's who received massive amount of campaign funding from the KKK didn't have a history with them you my friend are mistaken.

Also wrong on being a war hero getting you a pass. Try that in a courtroom or most other places. John Kerrey ex-governor of Nebraska, Senator and a Democrat was a CMA winner when he lost his leg in Vietnam and that cut him squat in his short presidential run.

Jefferson believed in religion as long as it was his way. He rewrote the Bible cutting out the parts he couldn't believe. I believe the original with the cutouts with his interperatations is in the Smitsonian.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-08 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]I said no such thing, notice the religion part of my statement. Jefferson did not prescribe to traditional religious values and was for people finding their own "religion" as well as separation of church and state. We can play the quotes game all day long.

The clergy...believe that any portion of power confided to me [as
President] will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they
believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal
hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: and enough, too, in their opinion.

Thomas Jefferson

Notice the mind of man part.

And since I know your since of humor hotdig I found your comment pretty darn funny.

>That's it, I'm going to kick
>you in the nuts and
>gut shoot you whenever you
>come up to Alaska!

It's not "nuts", it's "sack". I wasn't referring to you either though. I'm enjoying your point of view.

Diggity, quote be the direct quote from Jefferson that seperates church from state.

I can quote you one from Jefferson that states we should protect religion from state. But, where does it say the government needs to be protected from the religion?

He speaks many times about freedom OF religion. But I struggle to find one incidence where he speaks of freedom FROM religion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom