Knight Disc.....Discontinued?

Q

Q2Dude

I went down yesterday to my local hunting shack to order a Knight Disc Extreme. The man called his distributor and was told that Knight is discontinuing the Disc line. I called Cabelas and they had them in stock and knew nothing about this. Any of you guys heard anything about this? Have they had any problems? I will just get one through Cabelas but I was a bit nervous as to why they would stop making, what I thought, was an awesome ML.

Disregard. Just got off the phone w/Knight. They said that this is their finest creation so far and it will be around for quite a while.

I think they are moving from the regular disc to the new disc extreme-the orage disc vs. the little red plug thingy.
HB

Q2DUDE: This is just another case of not being able to believe everything that you hear. Particularly from retailers who have a vested interest in selling what is on their shelves rather than supplying what the customer wants.

What is the advantage of the little red disc over the little yellow disc. My gun shoots the little yellow disc and i love it. It kind of es me off that knight does such suttle changes to their rifles and than capitolizes on it. They will probably eventually discontinue the little yellow discs and than i will be forced to buy the conversion kit for $100. A guy that owns a small muzzy shop said he quit selling knights because their customer service sucks. Another retailer i talked to said he don't like the knight co. because they make so many changes to their rifles and than discontiue the old. Its expensive to keep up with them. Don't get me wrong, they make awesome rifles that produce some excellent accuracy, im just not sure i like the company.

cabinfever

The little yellow DISC will be around longer than we are.

The "advantage" (subject to interpretation) is that the red jacket weatherproofs the breech area better.

You CAN take a Knight Extreme, drop in in a barrel of water completely submerging the action for an hour . . . immediately remove it and fire. Hence, "TAKES A SOAKING AND KEEPS ON SMOKIN'"

I recieved a Cabelas sale catalog today and they had three Knight
models on sale, somethings up.

Which catalog? The only models I know of are Wolverine 209 and Bighorn. I think Knight is sliming down their product line while beefing up specific models variety. I have been told that the Wolverine will be available with a 26" barrel in '03. They are also coming out with a new Disc Model, the Disc Elite. The Bighorn(I believe) has been discontinued. I am ordering one of the 22" Wolverine 209's for my wife.

We too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We, and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.-Franklin Roosevelt

<<A guy that owns a small muzzy shop said he quit selling knights because their customer service sucks.>>

I have found that Knight goes above and beyond in regards to customer service. I have dealt with two muzzleloader manufacturers with customer service, Knight and CVA. On their forum, a CVA employee CVAGunGuru after hearing about my problems with one of their rifles said "give me a break wolf". I have never had a manufacturers employee say any thing like that to me before. Ticked me off. Guess which one I'll never buy from again!

We too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We, and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.-Franklin Roosevelt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom