Knight Wolverine

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-13 AT 06:13AM (MST)[p]I bought one in the '90's new for $200, and I've never felt like I needed to replace it. Mine has the "boat paddle" black stock and weighs under 7 lbs with a 4x Leupold scope. I converted it to the 209 primer system, and have never had a missfire with either the original caps or the new primers. Mine has an excellent trigger and is very accurate. I've shot both loose Pyrodex Select and pellets with good results. I've only used saboted bullets in it. Mine has a curved buttplate that doesn't lend itself to a good recoil pad, so I've never put one on, but I haven't found the recoil unpleasant, even in such a light gun.

I haven't had a muzzleloader tag in a few years, but if I had one, I wouldn't hesitate to use my 20-year old Wolverine.

I have one that I picked up new for $99. This is the stainless version without sights. My father-in-law gave me a 1x scope that I put on it. The gun shoots well but when shooting off a bench the recoil drives the cocking mechanism into my right thumb at the 2nd knuckle and tears the skin off. I have a Bighorn with a thumbhole stock that doesn't do that. If I hold the gun weird I don't have the issue. That is my only complaint. Mine came with the 209 ignition.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom