Kodiak Sitka Blacktail

BOWUNTR

Has anyone hunted Kodiak this season and how did you do? I am booked the second week of Nov 2004 with Jack King and I am interested in hearing how your hunt went. Ed F

Be sure and post how your hunt went. I'm going to go to kodiak Island next August with a friend from Wasilla to look around. I maybe hunt it the next year.

usmap3.gif

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-03 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]There are deer everywhere and tags aren't all that expensive...if there, might as well hunt it. Those kodiak deer make the best eatin' as far as I'm concerned of any deer I've had anywhere. I lived there for 5 yrs back in the 80s and shot many blacktails there.

I did most of my hunting around Uganik Bay, Halibut Bay (great razor clamming there too), and Olga Bay from commercial fishing vessels and from the end of the road systems. Don't really know who'd be a good outfitter to go with as I was strictly a meat hunter back then.

I'm leaving tomorrow on my way to Larsen Bay to hunt with Kodiak Charters. I booked in February and have been chomping at the bit ever since. Three tags allowed with fox and sea ducks also available. Talked to them a couple days ago and they are having a great season with several nice bucks being taken. Start hunting on the 15th and will be home on the 21st. Hope I have a great story to share at that time.

Me and my dad had a great hunt!! We hunted the third week of November 2003. Weather fair, snowed half way during hunt. The deer were already in the trees. We have come up with a theory of hunting them differently.. Go earlier if you are able to hike, because then for sure they will be up high and plentiful. Once they drop slightly into the trees and brush, IMPOSSIBLE to find them... So hard. Shot this big one up top:) Reply for more info :)

9113.jpg

AAA nice buck and photo. Tell us about your hunt. Was the rut still on during the third week? Were you hunting off of a boat and hiking up? I just talked to Jack King and he said that they had a great season. He told me that one group of gun hunters took 20 deer in two days! Wow. Anyone else hunt Kodiak this season? I'm interested in any info. Thanks Ed F

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom