KSL is spineless!

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
Here's the email I received tonight.
4FE3ECA1-E37C-4E81-A047-EC8998DB18B3-2742-0000015B7022E179.jpg

This country is going to sh!t

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-12 AT 10:25PM (MST) by Founder (admin)[p]Not sure I can blame them. They are not in the business of selling guns and when something goes wrong a team of 14 lawyers will be on them like stink on sh!t. It is a symptom of a much broader problem.

I just saw this as well. This is getting beyond ridiculous IMO.

Very frustrated with the agenda that's taking place over this.

they say this is temporary and they want input. Threaten to boycott all KSL does if they don't go back to allowing firearm ads.

Sent and email and am no longer using any of their services or associated products... See if I get a response..

I think your on the edge of being out of line, what happened is unthinkable. Look how the NRA reacted. Do you the NRA is spineless? Now is not the time to be beating the pro gun drum in my opinion!

The anti gun drum is beating loud as hell....you don't think it's time to push back? We'll be laying face down on the mat by the time some people say it's ok to take a swing.

Its time to respond like the anti's. I will not support any business advertising on KSL.com. I will also email all those advertisers to let them know of my intentions.

Grizzly

We SHOULD all stand up for our right to own firearms. HOW firearms are obtained and who is owning them is a different matter. Penalties need to be stiffer for those acquiring or selling firearms illegally, committing a crime while in possession of a firearm(whether the weapon was brandished or not), parents who don't keep guns locked up and out of the hands of children, etc.,etc.

Also as a society, we need to speak up and not ignore warning signs from individuals who make threats or those who seem a bit unstable. It's not easy to do, but we do need to take care of one another. I would hate to ignore an incident and then look back and say "damn I wish I would have said something"

What gets me is they removed the HUNTING GEAR section as well. How is anyone going to use decoys, clothing, boots and other accessories to kill anyone?

Im with ya on that one grizz. Just wrote them a nice but straight foreward email. I did happen to call them hypocrits due to just after posting that statement on their newscast last night they advertise the new Tom Cruise Movie that was loaded with buttloads of violence and Automatic weapons killing people oblivously en mass, but hey its all about THEIR POCKETBOOK RIGHT.

Crazy this is how it all begins. Just more power for the Anti's IMO. I should have the right to buy and sell any gun I want. I didn't risk my life in the military for some nut jobs to tell me I can't own, buy or sell a weapon.

Pcjr21 (33 posts)
Dec-18-12, 11:12 PM (MST)
7. "RE: KSL is spineless!"
I think your on the edge of being out of line, what happened is unthinkable. Look how the NRA reacted. Do you the NRA is spineless? Now is not the time to be beating the pro gun drum in my opinion!

IMHO, you are the one who seems to be on the edge of being out of line! The NRA waited until this week and IMO made a pretty decent statement regarding the tragedy in CT. If you don't stand up for your rights and belong to the NRA, which is the only organization that has any real clout helping us maintain our 2nd Amendment rights, then you deserve to lose any firearm you own. Personally, I don't see any real need for these high volume clips and it looks like that will be the first thing lawmakers will ban. The problem I do see is if they are banned all a person would have to do is stock up on clips that are allowed since it doesn't take long to drop one out and insert another. Therein lies the problem in where do you stop on a ban of something because many of our more traditional hunting rifles take a clip that goes into the bottom of them just like the so-called "assault rifles". It's a fact that there are many who want to take away every gun from all but the police and military. If anything even remotely approaching that were ever to be passed in DC it would be an all out war that nobody would win. What is really an insult to our intelligence is some up in DC who are leading the fight to ban stuff that supposedly have CCW permits and carry concealed all the time, but are even against that for the public.

GAWD!!!!!!! I feel sorry for my kids, growing up in this left winger sh!t hole!!!!!!

Pcjr21 you my friend need some help.....

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-12 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-12 AT 09:35?AM (MST)

Buy and sell guns on utahguns.com

"Relax and squeeze the trigger, They can't
get away;)", quoted from the best hunter I
know

NBC (NBCS) channel 220 on Direct TV also pulled all TV shows that had hunting or shooting in them. Not a wonder that KSL did as ordered.

The incident in Connecticut was an atrocity and absolute tragedy, given it involved very yound children it will likely impact gun rights as no other incident in recent history has. That being said, now is the time to consider and contemplate your 2nd ammendment rights and be proactive about your opinion because now is the time the antis will use the opportunity to go after gun rights. In my opinion guns will be used a the easy scapegoat instead of analyzing and impacting the root causes, which IMO are poverty, physical/psychological abuse, psychosocial causes, and media/obsession w/ violence in the meda, etc.

Here's the email I just sent to [email protected]:
Dear friends at KSL,

I am extremely disappointed that you would remove ALL listings of not only "assault weapons", but also of listings for generic hunting equipment. Please tell me how it is dangerous for me to buy a trail camera, a tree stand, or reloading equipment! Even if I were a felon, which I am not, I think I should still have the right to buy or sell such equipment without hindrance.

I have watched Channel 5 news for years, and greatly enjoy Kevin Eubanks weather. However, until you quit trying to be politically correct I will not be watching Channel 5 again. Please email me when you make the correct decision.

signed - my name and email address.

DEADicated

Here is the email I sent today...

Dear KSL,

Due to your removal of Firearms from KSL Classifieds, I will no longer be watching KSL or using KSL.com. I have further contacted Larry H Miller Group, Young Kia, and City Centers and told them I will not support their businesses as long as they advertise with KSL.com.

How dare you make a decision like this while your network is a major contributor to violence in the home via your programming (and news content). Firearm Ownership is a Guaranteed Right, not one doled out by some self-appointed people in a newsroom. The fact that an organization that depends solely on the 1st Amendment will so easily and actively work to trample the 2nd Amendement is unconscionable.

I will watch for future advertising partners with KSL.com and be contacting them to inform them of their loss of business as well.

My activism will cease when yours does.

Below is the email I got back from KSL in regards to my "complaint" about the classifieds change. Just wondering if anyone else has received a response and if it is the same as this one (cookie cutter)?

Hello,

We understand that this is a sensitive topic from many viewpoints. The management of KSL has taken this step to allow for careful consideration of those viewpoints. We realize that this may inconvenience responsible users, but KSL management felt this was an important step to take at this time. If you'd like to offer any feedback, you may e-mail [email protected]. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Thank you,

KSL Support

As an avid consumer of ksl news and classifieds, I just emailed KSL.com and let them know I am going to make it a point not to visit their website, watch channel 5 and that I have removed the KSL Classifieds app from my android in response to them removing the hunting gear from thier classifieds.

I also renewed my NRA membership...

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-12 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]Ksl sucks!!!!! Im starting to like the crew on channel 2 news. Some dude on facebook got people to rally to get ksl to take down the ads. The story was on channel 2 news.

I like KSL outdoors. Adam does a good job(I loved Doug Miller). HOWEVER, and I am sorry to Adam, but I contacted all of his sponsors to let them know that I will not support them if they support his show, as long as it is part of the KSL family. I am off today, and this is what I am doing all day, contacting sponsors and advertisers of KSL. However, and nothing personal to Adam, but his show needs to be boycotted to make our point. Hopefully one of the other local stations will give him a show, i like what he does.

"Your just jealous because _____, so you can't know anything!!"

Get a grip people. They are a private company who was offering a FREE service. No one here was entitled to get it and no one has lost their ability to buy or sell weapons. Crazy what people ##### about.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom