La Sal Mountains Early elk

doeseedoe

I put in for the early elk season. I am a non resident and would like to start gathering info on where to start looking for elk.
Any info I could get would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
Sam

I dont want to be a Debby Downer, but a friend of mine had the tag last year and it was VERY TUFF!!! No bugles or elk sightings. It rained and stormed and rained and stormed and rained on them, then they had a death in the family/friend so they were not able to hunt as much as planned. Did I mentioned in rained on them? But that might be a good sign for you. There was not much killing going on last year, so this year should be better. They talked to the fish cop and he said the same as they had seen, not much action. Although is previous years deer hunting they had seen the elk and numbers, that is why they put in for there.

Things can change, Good luck.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We hunted it every day of the muzzleloader season last year. Very tough hunt. Saw very few bulls. Tons of private land, much of it makes public land all but inaccessible.

Grizzly

Dont worry, you will have a great hunt. A friend of mine has spent alot of time there over the years. He had two friends hunt this unit last year on the early hunt. One took a 340 Bull, the second took a 360 Bull. Be advised, I think there is atleast 1 CWMU down there,...or some private propety on the Mtn. Good Luck!!

Hunt above LaSal.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom