Landowner Tag Agents

Pooner

I have some buddies looking into buying a deer landowner tag(s). Do you guys have any recommendations or people you would avoid in this?

Bought a landowner tag last year through a broker....was a very bad experience and involved an investigation through the local DOW officer. I will shoot you a pm and tell you who not to buy through.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-14 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]I would highly recomend Trailblaze hunting consultants. Ben is a good guy and will help you find the tag you need. We used him for a unit 74 muzzy tag. No pressure and will answer all you questions/concerns. You can go to his website or call him at 801-499-4986

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-14
>AT 09:53?PM (MST)

>
>I would highly recomend Trailblaze hunting
>consultants. Ben is a good
>guy and will help you
>find the tag you need.
>We used him for a
>unit 74 muzzy tag. No
>pressure and will answer all
>you questions/concerns. You can go
>to his website or call
>him at 801-499-4986

I would watch it closely. Tag brokering is no longer legal. The tag must be sold directly by the owner to the hunter. No middle men. Also be careful as some tags are now PLO and not all are unit wide as in the past.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-14 AT 05:59AM (MST)[p]>When did that change? Is there
>any way you can get
>a list of landowner to
>contact then?

Changed 3-4 years ago. No, there is no list of landowners. Landowners want the income from tags, but don't want the hassle of talking to people to sell them.

Yes, "brokering" is not legal, but "facilitators" are. Write a law and there are always lawyers who can figure out a way around it. There are legal "facilitators" listed on this website.

Also, if you get a landower tag, as stated, be sure whether it is a unit wide tag or private land only (there are both). If you get a unit wide one, the landowner is required to let you hunt the private as well, and there are cases where they have made that difficult if not impossible.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

CPW has chosen to 'look the other way' about tag facilitators. The way the law is written a tag may only be transferred one time, from the landowner to the buyer. If you buy a tag from a 'facilitator' you risk having the tag taken from you by the CPW.

>CPW has chosen to 'look the
>other way' about tag facilitators.
> The way the law
>is written a tag may
>only be transferred one time,
>from the landowner to the
>buyer. If you buy
>a tag from a 'facilitator'
>you risk having the tag
>taken from you by the
>CPW.

Could be because the outfitters assn sits on boards?

There are a few outfitters on here, they should speak up.

I would avoid trophy chasers, I personally had bad experience with dan. P.m me if you have any questions. +1 for trail blaze hunting consultants, I have had good luck with ben.

Elk96, I didn't know giving someone information is considered "tag brokering" when I have no interest in trailblaze other than a great experience working with Ben. I hope colorado gnf doesn't arrest me now.

Jbloom pm returned

>Elk96, I didn't know giving someone
>information is considered "tag brokering"
>when I have no interest
>in trailblaze other than a
>great experience working with Ben.
>I hope colorado gnf doesn't
>arrest me now.
>
>Jbloom pm returned

Never said that sharing info is illegal. It is the tag transition that is important. Landowners can not sell vouchers to a broker, only to have the broker Makkah them up and resale again. The intent is to have land owners sale/transfer tags directly to the hunter. That way we do not see the higher mark ups etc.

I actually hate the whole damn system. Hate it even more when they decided to give away more tags to landowners thus decreasing tags for public even more.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom