Laplatta Moose tag!

4x6

Any body know anything about the area of Laplatta? its up near monti cristo area in northern utah wanna see if anybody knows how the moose are up there is there alot? and how big?

4X6:

I am not sure of what part "Laplatta" is at (in Monte Cristo).
However, I drive through Monte often (from Woodruff-Ogden).

I have seen a few Moose on these trips and last year saw one that I am sure would easily make book (although I am no expert)

My dad took a 47" moose in 87'. The moose I mentioned above in my opinion, was bigger.

Send me a PM and I can tell you where I saw this particular moose (along with some smaller ones) if you are interested.

Jason

thanks for the reply but if you dont know where the laplatta is at then it will probley do no good. laplatta i believe is left of the ant flat road just off of the highway is this the same one you are talking about? i believe it is private property.

LAST EDITED ON May-25-04 AT 10:10PM (MST)[p]its west of antflat road, yes it is private, do they have tags? my bro drew an out of state tag for ogden river which encompasses this area. there are quite a few nice bulls here and there on the unit, i have never acqually been on laplatta but i'm sure there are a few good bulls.

I have rode horses into LaPlatta a couple times. It is west of Ant Flat and south of Porcupine Dam and Cinnamon Creek. There is excellent moose habitat up there and I have seen cows and bulls. There are a lot of old mines up there and quite a few logging roads. I have seen a good bull in the velvet up in the Cinnamon Creek area last year while fishing, but he was on the State ground side of the stream. There are plenty of willow choked streams with beaver ponds to keep moose around so you should have a good hunt. I beleive it is a new CWMU, but there has been limited access because it is practically surrounded by private land. Good Luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom