Largebull

Great hunt. I guess at 66 I learned it aint about the kill. Saw over 110 Bulls in 6 days . Missed a 360 at 375 yards, saw 7-8 in that range and only one in the 380 range. could have shot from the road ,but not legal ,by time i got set up off the road they were in the road . I thought that was illegal. told it wasn't later . Passed some 330's standing broadside , got pics. Hiked many miles chasing bugles ,got around pretty good. I screwed up and shot a dink 295ish while waitng for a 360 to come out of the thick stuff . I thought he was going the other way buddy said he kept inching out. He was only 45 yards. Another one came bugling to my right at 65 in the open ,had me pegged thought he would take all the elk with him ,I had a brain fart and dropped him at 65. wasn't really pissed ,but a little then just took it all in and enjoyed the moment. Probably will never get that hunt again so I enjoyed the day in Gods country. Not as quick as I used to be at getting of a shot i learned that. Should of had a 360 , Could of and maybee the 380. Most Guys probably would have shot leaning on the bed of the truck shooting from the road . Then the herd ran on to the rezervation. It done I am Happy with the overall hunt , not the result in inches but I am good. Will post some picks when I get em on my computer. thanks all and Happy hunting. ..................BULL!

Ya , I was thinking this was my best chance ever at a great bull. But stuff happens. Hey life is good and I'm happy and didn't let it get me down. Still have 2 330 Bulls hanging in My barn . What the Hell. And I don't have a Taxidermy bill that makes my girlfriend happy,lol. Try to up load pics tonight. out cutting grass now...............BULL!

Great attitude Bull.Loved the writeup.Thanx. One thing tho, I think I'd rather have a taxidermy bill, girlfriend will get over it.

Here’s a 330 I passed and the dink I shot

F1C24E6A-3E6E-4409-8D27-0183D1D5CC4F.jpeg

EF0EE5AC-77B0-4B7B-A18D-68510FEDCB91.jpeg

5C107E9D-8517-43F8-8FF8-4AC3F656ACAD.jpeg

36BF9CFC-2EA3-46B7-AC0B-788D19E52BB1.jpeg

Ok , I have a chance at another Bull next October in Wyoming. Have 13 points going into the January draw. It’s kinda in no man’s land like 4 behind max. Any suggestions ? Can’t afford outfitter. Willing to split points if someone has a great general area or sleeper unit. I have some Ideas, been looking for 2 years! Up for ideas! Thanks……….Bull

Great story. Your hunt was awesome because you did it to enjoy the hunt and you left the chance that next hunt will have bigger bulls for ya to hunt.

Congratulations on having a good hunt and the good memories made.
Don't think that you are the only one who has ever mistakenly shot the wrong bull. It can happen to anyone, l KNOW!
After 30+ years of elk hunting with a good number of harvest including some nice ones hanging on my wall, I thought it could never happen to me. WRONG.
A 370 bumped an unseen 300 out of a willow patch and I touched the trigger before realizing there was two bulls. Now 11 years later I still feel sick and just want to puke when it crosses my mind. A very humbling experience for sure.
I'll bet that we could fill an entire thread with similar experiences if we all be honest about our mistakes.

Yes we could. I am still thinking about it 2 weeks later. I am not as quick as once was either. Thanks ...................BULL

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom