Last day bull

nmjl

Well, just wanted to tell you a bit about my hunt- I can honestly say that this hunt was great...I had lots of close encounters with some bulls and even had a derailed bow on a bull at 5 yds. After a long day, I finally found someone to fix my bow- thanks to the guys at Timer Mesa Archery in Show Low, AZ. I am on day 7 of my hunt and miss a monster bull at 30 yds. I couldn't keep it together, he was big! I decided to back off that area for a couple of days. Last morning of my hunt- day 10, we went back to the area where I had missed that monster bull. We had only been there about 10 minutes and located a bull. We then made our plan to move on him and to make a long story short, my buddy made a couple of cow calls and the bull came on a b-line. I kept my composure and took the shot at 27 yds. I saw him drop 300 yds away. Not the same monster bull we had seen on the 7th day but it's still a great first bow kill bull for me. Thanks to my buddy Joe for the great calling he did!
elk20101.jpg

elk2010.jpg

Congrats on a beautful bull , I love it.Tonight while picking take dinner from the restuarant a guy asked me about the bowtech sticker on my truck, started conversation.He and three of his friends just returned from unit 13 where they had a great hunt, killed a cow but saw a few nice bulls but said it was hot and the bulls were pretty quit once the sun was up.
You did awesome on this great bull, congrats again...NM

Very pretty Bull. Congrats on a really nice Bull.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom