Late 39 Deer

NagaViper

Just curious what everybody is seeing out there on the late hunt. I went up yesterday and saw a few smaller bucks pushing does, but nothing too special yet.

The big bucks are rutting somewhere.

Where? Who knows. 0.00? of precip observed for the month of November. Gotta be approaching some kind of record, seriously. Looks like it's finally coming mid next week.

I think the deer are between 3000 and 8000, roughly. When usually they would be between 3-4500. Which can make it feel like numbers are down.

Should be seeing hundreds of deer a day right now.

When I was hunting elk in 39 at mid to high elevations the first week of November, the deer had basically all headed out. I was just hunting a nearby unit and saw tons of deer at mid elevations. I'd be looking in 39 at halfway along the migration route.

I hit the Danskins today and saw about 15 does, no bucks. I'll be heading back up the Middle Fork towards some higher elevations. We'll see how it goes.

Hammond did you have binoculars? I was in the danskins Saturday and stopped counting deer after a hundred. Only saw two mature bucks a nice 4 and a nice 3 point 22-24 wide
10-15 little bucks. But I was looking for a cow elk probably why I saw 2 bulls and all the deer. Ha

I have the 39 triangle hunt that goes until 12/16. Very slow going so far. no bucks and see about 30 does a day

Seems like all I did was glass. Just didn't turn up much when I usually see numbers you're referring to. I did see a few cows though.

>I have the 39 triangle hunt
>that goes until 12/16. Very
>slow going so far. no
>bucks and see about 30
>does a day

Damn, that's the last little sliver I'd wanna be confined to this year. Weathers coming next week though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom