late archery hunts

A

azhunter79

i noticed in the AZ regs that there are late season (dec and jan) archery hunts for some of the southern units. are these very productive units? if my rifle hunt turns out to be a bust ill probably try one of these hunts, but i wanna know what im in for before i try. is anyone else here going to try these hunts? are their any downsides to these or what?
thanks
az79

There is also 1 Northern AZ unit available during December as well. Unit 10 is open. I hunted it last December and got snowed out. I will hanging around 20A this winter traying to find somthing.

Dont forget about the middle portion of the state. Lots of deer in the units around phoenix. Plus i beleive the southern hunts are around the same time as the rifle season. So the deer will probably be stirred up. Good luck

Don't forget about 17a and 17b. Thes are both northern units that will be open dec.-jan. They both have descent opportunities. They sit northwest of prescott.
Jason

I have hunted 42 (Wickenberg) and down south (36) for the last 3 years... stumbled on to some awesome deer while pig hunting so started deer hunting those units as well... There are lots of big Mulies and awesome Couse in the deserts... I can't wait to go chase them some more... lots of glassing (spot and stalk)and trying to get the wind right using the terain... tough hunting but it is fun.. I have yet to take a desert deer but I will...:eek:).. had a spike last Jan at 12 yards... just couldn't bring myself to shoot him....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom