Late cow tag timpanogas

R

red

I was looking over the cow elk units, They took away the one I was wanting to put in for. So I am looking at the timpanogas late season dec-jan does anyone know where the elk go that late in the season, access areas any info would help me make my mind up.

The Timp late season no longer exists. If you did your homework you would have seen this. You would also have seen that the number of tags have been drastically reduced. (And in years past there haven't been that many to begin with)

My opinion is you would be better off applying for one the Central Mtns tags. No shortage of tags or elk on those units.

Actually it looks like there is a late hunt #4127. I harvested a cow a few years ago above Cedar Hills.

yes there is the season and there are 18 tags available. I am mostly interested in this hunt, because of the dates. I will have archery tags then the wife will have a rifle deer tag for the nebo. So if I can get some info on where they may go for winter I will put in for it.

I don't know how many of you follow other hunting forums for Utah but I know of one that has had some great conversations involving this hunt. Even google earth pics of where they have even harvested during their timpanogos cow elk hunt. Even coordinates! You just got to do alittle research. I have notes taken and wrote down concerning this hunt but was alittle disappointed to see so very few tags available for this year. For one, you will need points to draw this unit. Another thing you will need for this hunt is snow. I can't recall how many tags they gave out last year but I do know they had at least two different hunts with different dates. The later being the more popular. If you still don't know of areas to go for this hunt, it doesn't hurt to send PM's to others who have hunted it in the past. It's not a tag you can get every year.

Good luck in the antlerless draw.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

>Actually it looks like there is
>a late hunt #4127. I
>harvested a cow a few
>years ago above Cedar Hills.
>

Again if you have done your homework you would have seen that there is no "early" and "late" hunt. This year they combined the two hunts into one. #4127 covers them both, and have very limited tags compared to the last few years.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom