Late Dutton Elk Time!

Decided to burn my elk points on the late hunt. I helped my brother take a 360 bull on the muzzleloader hunt in 2016. I have no grand illusions that this is an easy unit to get on big bulls. There were plenty of early rifle tag holders trying their best to fill tags and some had guides and mules. We got lucky but we also overcame many setbacks and near disasters to have success. So I do know some of the unit and roads and where we found elk during the muzzy hunt. However I feel like I need plan B, C, if I can't find a big bull in the areas I do know. Besides 4 wheelers I will be on foot. I am happy to share what worked for us and what I do know about the mountain if you are going to be hunting early rifle or muzzy feel free to PM me. If you have hunted the late rifle and are willing to share general info or experiences I would love to hear it. PM anything you don't want on the WEB. I also drew muzzy deer so I can spend more time learning canyons and roads. Plus I have the entire hunt off and a couple of days early to hopefully find something special. Could not be more excited!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom