Late Muzzy Deer

TipMOver

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-11 AT 02:34PM (MST)[p]I had been at it hard since the opener on Dec. 16th. I had to come home for a couple days to take care of business, but got back in the field on Tuesday. I had located a few good bucks that were nice, but not what I wanted to pull the trigger on yet. The best was a 150 type, 25" 4x4 with his nose buried up a few does tails. I figured I might check back in on this group in a week or so as I knew that this guy wouldn't be "the man" for long with this big group of does. A buddys mom had a muzzy tag also, and he had also seen this buck. He asked if I would help them make a run on that buck for his mom, and I was happy to help. We made a quick plan for them to get around the backside of the hill and come across the face. I was the "eye in the sky" a half mile away watching it all, but an unseen doe busted them and it was over.
About then maddglasser from Southwest Hunting Adventures called and said "lets go hunting!". He and Troy had just finished up with clients that had missed 2 big bucks and he thought we should be able to locate them with a little work. We had marched up a few big hills to glass the flats in the area with no luck. We re-located to our final hill when Travis glassed up a lone doe at the base of a hill across the valley. We watched her for about an hour looking to see if anything was with her. He finally stood up from behind a Palo Verde and I was on the way down the hill and heading across the flat. Within 20 minutes I was perched on top of a rocky knob. I came over the top and looked around the right side of a huge boulder and could see the lone doe out feeding and I knew the buck was over to her left. I slid my rangefinder out to my right on the rock ledge and wiggled myself over to get a better angle. When I popped back up the buck was in sight, slightly quartered away with his nose up a does butt. I ranged him at 168 and with one perfect shot it was over. The top of his heart looked like hamburger and it demolished his off side shoulder. A few days earlier, Travis had found his matching set of sheds from last year. That was just icing on the cake!!! Thanks for the help buddy!

On a side note, one of my best friends drew this tag also this year with a pile of NR points. He graciously donated his tag to Hunt Of A Lifetime, and Travis and Troy Scott from SWHA are going to hunt this terminally ill kid and do there best to help get a giant buck in his crosshairs (of my muzzleloader!). I'm going to head back over as soon as possible after Christmas so that I can be a part of it and help out also. Cant wait!!

Kudos to my friends Johnny, Travis and Troy for doing this really good thing!!

300img_1079.jpg

4245img_1090.jpg

Right on brother! Wish I coulda been there with you boys...but done raised a red solo cup to ya that night!

Cheers Bud, great buck

Great looking buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom