lead free ammo

CalHunter

Can anybody suggest a good bullet that is "lead free"? One of the zones I hunt is in the Condor area, and i have no idea what is a good lead free bullet.

thanks,
Ryan

The Barnes TSX all copper bullets are highly regarded, although there are other types of nonlead bullets than all copper. You can buy the TSX bullets for reloading( Cabelas has them) or buy them fully loaded from various stores- a good brand is Federal Premium, Barnes Triple Shock Ammo. Be sure and clean out your barrel thoroughly to remove all lead and copper from your grooves before shooting the all copper bullets.

The only non lead bullets I know of right now is anything from Barnes and the Nosler E-tip. I don't believe the E-tip is being factory loaded right now, but I think they have some kinks to work out with it anyway. Barnes right now has the Tipped TSX, MRX, and TSX loaded by Federal and Cor-bon. What cartridge are you shooting?

The e- tip is being loaded but only in 30.cal 180gr bullets. The factory loaded barnes from federal are in very high demand right now. I have a buddy who has been waiting 2 months for his bullets to come in.

Was in Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga last month and they had 200 boxes of Federal/Barnes on display. All 30 caliber.

Thanks for the input, It'll be interesting to see how my guns handle them, I'm gonna buy some 308&7mm to see what shoots the best.(As long as no poor little birdies get hurt), score one for the tree huggers)

Thanks,
Ryan

I had never shot any of the Barnes lead free bullets until my son drew a Kaibab deer tag in Arizona two years ago. Arizona game and fish sent us some literature about using lead free bullets, so we tried them for a couple of our rifles. I love them, they're very accurate and they penetrate like crazy.

My son uses them in his .270 and I'm now shooting them in my .338. I also bought a bunch of MRXs that I want to handload for my .300 ultra mag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom