Leftover Antelope License Procedure

desperatehills

Very Active Member
This is my first year applying for a tag in Wyoming. We have enough points to draw unit 73 buck tags so we also applied for doe tags in that unit. Looking at the quota for that area I am not very optimistic to draw the doe tags. It looks like several of the units around Casper have left over doe tags. When will the left over list get posted on the website and how long there after is the draw or purchase date? Do you have time to research potential units? I understand that units with leftovers are likely made up of private property but I have been told access with a doe tag isn't hard to find. We are thinking 21,25, or maybe 70. If anyone that has hunted the area has a recomendation that would be great. We are looking forward to seeing new country and really have no idea where we are going. Sounds like fun, don't it? Thanks for the help

The leftover license lists will be posted shortly after the draw is completed the last week of June. There is no second draw in Wyoming for ones that aren't taken, as the leftover doe licenses will go on sale on a first come first serve basis at 8AM (MDT) on July 17, 2013. The buck tags go on sale the week before on 7/10/13. If there are just a small number of licenses left for a unit you decide on, it is important that you are logged into your account and ready to hit the number of licenses you want for that unit as soon as it is highlighted for access at 8AM. Some licenses go within a few seconds and others may never sell out like happens in unit 23 every year for the buck and doe tags. Sorry I can't help on the units you mentioned you're thinking about, as I've not hunted them.

I have hunted 70 before. The walk in area in the south part of the zone was devoid of goats. F+G said it had something to do with a feud between BLM and land owners which resulted in water sources in the area being turned off, supposedly why the created the 63-2 tag, to target those animals that have moved out of that area closer to the reservoir. Maybe things have changed in the last two years but I doubt it, heard negative reports on that unit last year as well. I would not go for the 70 tag unless you have some private set up to hunt.

You might want to look at area 72. It's not far from 73 and even though there is a lot of private land, you can find places to go. There were some doe antelope tags left over there last year. I didn't pick one up, but I had a buck tag there and shot one on opening day by about 8 a.m.

Hunted 25 last year. Almost impossible to get access and all private land seems to be leased or no access. We did get our does on public, but kinda got lucky.

>How many points does unit 73
>take now days?

***In 2012 2PPs was 44% and <3PPs was 100% in the regular draw. With 1PP it was 100% in the special draw.

>How many points does unit 73
>take now days?

We should get it with 3. I had 6 and my buddy has 0. I decided I would rather hunt with a friend in a good unit than by myself in a great one. Besides that, I surfed his points to a good goat tag in Oregon last year.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom