Leftover Reissue list is up.

We will see. If I read it right these are the tags that were returned during the periods between second draw and the return period. I would bet there will be some more “interesting” tags dropped in the coming weeks as the seasons start creeping up on folks.

I thought this first sale was only “leftover” tags. Not returns. So not sure how some of the tags are on this list?? Maybe some didn’t pay for them? The first “reissue” sale is a week later

I thought this first sale was only “leftover” tags. Not returns. So not sure how some of the tags are on this list?? Maybe some didn’t pay for them? The first “reissue” sale is a week later
Your reading comprehension really does suck. This is posted in bold letters on the leftover license page
Any license returned before the leftover list is created will be available August 1 when leftover licenses go on sale.

Your reading comprehension really does suck. This is posted in bold letters on the leftover license page
Any license returned before the leftover list is created will be available August 1 when leftover licenses go on sale.

I admit, I made a mistake. Didn’t read every word of the reissue process. Obviously I should have before I posted that, but I must be more involved with actual life than you. I don’t have time to read it all. That is why my comment was in the form of a question. You could have chosen to just answer it, but of course, you don’t like me, so you use every mistake I make to point out how ignorant I am. To top it off I’m a NR! Another sin when I say anything about Colorado.

So, I decided to move you up to the first team. Flame away because I will have blocked and I won’t hear it. So I will continue to come here and learn things and try and contribute. But it will be without having to listen to you. Good hunting.

Man Tex, you really farted at n Orions milk!

Thats exactly why I tread lightly in these venues, you make one mistake and they’ll roast on an open flame.
I feel like there’s a lot of guys on here that need to get off the screens and go burn up some calories and boot leather to bring them back down to earth.
I’m sure im in the crosshairs now!

Tensions rise around the start of reissue announcement - ha ha. Especially for those whom got punished by point creep and see those licenses on the list.

Good luck tomorrow!

Trust me- I put in for the previously otc unit I learned to hunt elk in as a resident many years ago. I lost out on the main draw cause I have pts I didn’t want to waste.

2nd draw I put in and my non res buddy put in as well. and guess who got it- the non res. Key take away the DOW doesn’t care about anything but money at this pt. I can’t blame them they need it, I wish they would raise the price of the res tags to atleast $400 if you wanted one on second choice.
If it’s money I imagine most of us who look forward to chasing ungulates as soon as the December doldrums set in would fork it up. **** Non Res tags in other states can set you back a cool $1000. I’ve paid it and will gladly do it again. It’s what I live for!
This game has got the demand it’s time to start moving the value up to what it should be. I mean a half a moo cow is around $1000 -don’t quote me on that.

This is an opportunity for the priveledged. Gone are the days when you could just expect everything for basically nothing.
The cheapest part of my hunt is the res tag. I pay more for the game bags to put the animal in. I think these animals should have a value aligned more with its demand.

Simple Economics and if you don’t like it move to the south and chase Whitetail on public. This is America and **** has gotten outrageously expensive. I think the non res should be forking out $1000 as well for their tags-upfront.

So yeah I know tensions are running high- I’m tagless, 1st year in 15 I’m sitting in Aug w/ no elk tag.
That’s why I get up as much as I can and hit the trail or hammer out a few MTN Toughs!

Boy that went fast. Thought I might of had a chance to hunt with my daughter on her 4 season mule deer hunt, but no luck. Anyone get lucky?
Some must have a program set up to get tags faster.

Those that were able to pick a good tag up. What time did you login out of curiosity. I didn't get logged in till 8:15 and sat in que till 8:50.

The best tags are yet to come, the only issue is you won't have time to scout if history holds true.

The best tags are yet to come, the only issue is you won't have time to scout if history holds true.
Not having time to scout is minor. Getting the tag is the bigger issue and nearly impossible when you tens of thousands of people clicking away simultaneously on the Wednesday am chit show.

Not having time to scout is minor. Getting the tag is the bigger issue and nearly impossible when you tens of thousands of people clicking away simultaneously on the Wednesday am chit show.
Last year there were some amazing tags that surface a few days before the opener and or during the season. I am sure this year will be no different.

I don’t want it to flag when people search for it, but I’ll just say it’s one of the best archery deer hunts in the state. You can probably guess just looking at the list.
That was gonna be my first guest. I was surprised there was one on the secondary draw also..? congratulations. Have fun.

Chaza402, sounds like you made a decision to build points rather than go hunt. Nobody to blame but yourself.
Don’t worry Fool I’ll be putting in my usual 40-50 days - picked up another tag btw, just not my first choice. And yeah I made a conscious effort to conserve my hard earned pts like I have been doing for the past 16 yrs. That’s the way the game used to be played
My point is as a resident it shouldnt be this hard to pick up a 0 pt draw tag- Non Res needs to take a back seat to the actual tax payers.

Congratulations to all you folks that picked up tags!

I admit, I made a mistake. Didn’t read every word of the reissue process. Obviously I should have before I posted that, but I must be more involved with actual life than you. I don’t have time to read it all. That is why my comment was in the form of a question. You could have chosen to just answer it, but of course, you don’t like me, so you use every mistake I make to point out how ignorant I am. To top it off I’m a NR! Another sin when I say anything about Colorado.

So, I decided to move you up to the first team. Flame away because I will have blocked and I won’t hear it. So I will continue to come here and learn things and try and contribute. But it will be without having to listen to you. Good hunting.
Hey, before you go declaring yourself a NR lets show those property tax bills. You’re more of a resident than some here by that measure. If that makes you feel any better. Sorta like non-voting shares of stock.

Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous they still can’t pull it together… not real concerned as I already have a tag but always fun to give those top tier tags a go.

Forget the 11 A.M. time they claim they will have it up by. If they get it up at anytime today I guess it's considered a win. The struggles with the preview list don't even compare to the debacles they have had with the actual tags. Anyone on this thread remember when they dumped a bunch of premium reissue tags in the middle of the night a couple years ago

1CBF3A23-2643-47A2-852F-BFFA0606A453.jpeg

Forget the 11 A.M. time they claim they will have it up by. If they get it up at anytime today I guess it's considered a win. The struggles with the preview list don't even compare to the debacles they have had with the actual tags. Anyone on this thread remember when they dumped a bunch of premium reissue tags in the middle of the night a couple years ago
Yeah it’s been a mess since they went to this new reissue I like the old way when they randomly dropped though out the week seemed like less competition that way.

With how dry, hot, windy, wildfire activity increasing prob going to be an increase in tags returned by the week. IMO they’ll be a lot more top tier tags returned besides the eight 76 archery elk that hit the list today. We need the rain to come bad !

Does anybody have an idea why when I hit the reissue preview tab, it just shows the reissue preview list is currently unavailable.

Ive done these things. I even humbled myself and asked my teenager. That was hard.
You hit one of my hot buttons. It is so painful for my wife and I to ask for help with our phones or computers. I don't remember telling my kids when they were teenagers how dumb they are if they don't know how to do something that I know how to do!!

With how dry, hot, windy, wildfire activity increasing prob going to be an increase in tags returned by the week. IMO they’ll be a lot more top tier tags returned besides the eight 76 archery elk that hit the list today. We need the rain to come bad !
You must not live in CO. Its been anything but hot and dry this year in CO. It's actually been a shitty summer filled with rain, hail, and storms since the flipping snow melted.

I don't hang out down there, but I can tell you from the Front range over to parachute, call it central mountains has been nothing but storms all spring and summer. My goat unit is like a salad bowl, elk unit has grass up to my waist and every, I mean every stock tank along the road was beyond full.

Looks like I will try for one of those 76 tags to actually have a dry summer.

You must not live in CO. Its been anything but hot and dry this year in CO. It's actually been a shitty summer filled with rain, hail, and storms since the flipping snow melted.
I live in Highlands ranch, but have a cabin in South Fork. Night and day difference between the front range and down south. It’s bad down there.

What a silly way to reissue a cow moose tag and eight 076 archery bull tags. Just because the first 5 guys didn't take it last minute (and use points). So, let's just give it out randomly (no NR cap) and not take points?

And cow moose is not "season choice", it is season/weapon specific. But nonsensical CPW displays that tag on the reissue list as though it's a season choice bull or either sex tag. How many guys will waste an hour of their time today entering the wrong final character for a tag that doesn't actually exist?

This tag today is EITHER, A, M or R. Not all three. And there is not one of each.

1691595906076.png

What a silly way to reissue a cow moose tag and eight 076 archery bull tags. Just because the first 5 guys didn't take it last minute (and use points). So, let's just give it out randomly (no NR cap) and not take points?

And cow moose is not "season choice", it is season/weapon specific. But nonsensical CPW displays that tag on the reissue list as though it's a season choice bull or either sex tag. How many guys will waste an hour of their time today entering the wrong final character for a tag that doesn't actually exist?

This tag today is EITHER, A, M or R. Not all three. And there is not one of each.

View attachment 117172
Could be worse brother, all these tags could be in the garbage can like years gone by. Keep the perspective positive! Good luck today.

Could be worse brother, all these tags could be in the garbage can like years gone by. Keep the perspective positive! Good luck today.

I agree but these tags should be going to the next person in line. No freaking wonder point creep is through the roof.

Lord have mercy.

Giving out 17-point tags like candy.

I would gladly give all of my elk points for one of those tags. That would be one more person pushed through the system.

Got in right at 11 MTN and punched in my first choice, came back and said on unavailable. Tried another option, unavailable. Very quick feedback, unlike in the past where it would take a lot of time to load just to let you down when it was sitting in your cart. Not sure how everyone else's experience went this year.

Everything actually seemed pretty smooth no crashing or freezing even tho I didn’t get the tag I was goin for seemed better than past years.

I was excited...after all my clicking the tag I was after finally gave me the option to add to cart. I hit that button as quick as anyone could, yet it eventually said unavailable.

I agree but these tags should be going to the next person in line. No freaking wonder point creep is through the roof.

Lord have mercy.

Giving out 17-point tags like candy.

I would gladly give all of my elk points for one of those tags. That would be one more person pushed through the system.
Next in line do get first option on 5 point plus tags, no takers then it goes to the list. Should have seen the list when the reissue process started and it was random thru the week.

Next in line do get first option on 5 point plus tags, no takers then it goes to the list. Should have seen the list when the reissue process started and it was random thru the week.
They should expand it to the next 10 takers if they really want to start addressing point creep. Most of the tags on the list now would give someone time to scout or put a hunt together. I get it if it was a few days or a week before the season, but come on surely someone would forfeit their points to take the tag!

Western colorado has been as hot and dry as it gets since the snow melted. Gunnison is full of wildfire smoke

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom