Leftover Reissue list is up.

Why even have a reissue system in place that can be manipulated with technology?
That’s my question ??
They might as well auction the reissue tags off. Not a bad idea. Any reissue tag that takes 2+ points to draw that years goes to an online auction. Pay to Play! But at least its on the up and up.

No need for that. People buy their own tags. The software loads on a computer as easy as microsoft office. Honestly amazing how little people know about technology, even funnier when they think they have a shot at these premium tags. Also it is perfectly legal to sign on and buy tags for others how many parents do you think log in and buy their kids tags and licenses?
So how do you know what tags they actually buy and how do you charge them after the fact for a premium tag?

The cpw actually thinks they are outsmarting the techno manipulation with the new system. The cpw doesnt believe there is any techno manipulation happening with the current system.

At least thats how it was explained to me.
Gotta love the hubris of the gov agency that has its website crash almost every year on the same day for the same reason, but yes. They are the techno masters lol ?

I think the skepticism you and others have is a bit "head in the sand". As someone that had incredible success before the system had changed, I felt that someone had come up with automation that gave them the upper hand and I'm learning I am right.

I'm not a programmer but have a good understanding of how computer automation can work. If someone has found a way to bypass the captcha, they can ping the CPW webpage multiple times a second looking for the tag to come available. The only factor limiting this is the ping and response time between the users computer and the CPW webpage. This could be hundreds of time a second. Once a tag become available, a program could recognize it and add to cart faster than a human could physically see it and tell your finger to hit the mouse button.
Maybe I am a bit naive, but I personally and close friends of mine have bought a number of tags without the use of a bot. How is that possible if bots get them all? Does anyone know others who have bought good tags without a bot?

With the slight delay at 11 AM when tags are dropped I just don't see a huge advantage to the bot as it also has to wait on the system to respond to it. If there were no delays, then I could see there could be a bigger benefit and definitely even more benefit on the older systems.

TK I wish it wasn’t true… but there was a program that you could put on your phone a few years ago, which helped a ton when it was random. A co worker of mine knew the app’s creator. He told me he had the ability to put a tag in your cart 30-90 seconds before it even showed up on the CPW web page… to think it isn’t happening now is that there is more tech and more AI stuff out there is silly it is totally happening. Only way to fix it is CPW has to go to in person sales and random release or a weekly draw
That was the leftover watch app guy and yes he did have a program. So did the DIY hunting maps guy out of Wyoming

That was the leftover watch app guy and yes he did have a program. So did the DIY hunting maps guy out of Wyoming
That was way different, they just read the PDF file and looked for a code and notified people of their choice. That was very far from sophisticated and many others were doing the same thing just not selling their program to the public.

Maybe I am a bit naive, but I personally and close friends of mine have bought a number of tags without the use of a bot. How is that possible if bots get them all? Does anyone know others who have bought good tags without a bot?

With the slight delay at 11 AM when tags are dropped I just don't see a huge advantage to the bot as it also has to wait on the system to respond to it. If there were no delays, then I could see there could be a bigger benefit and definitely even more benefit on the older systems.
Bots don't get them all and I never claimed they did. People only want the best of the best not low to mid tier tags. The advantage to the bot is speed I'm sure you could do a records request on tag sales since they all are time stamped and see that those premium tags are in carts in hundreds of tenths of a second. There is no way you can click that fast with your mouse or keyboard.

That was way different, they just read the PDF file and looked for a code and notified people of their choice. That was very far from sophisticated and many others were doing the same thing just not selling their program to the public.
I'm pretty sure the leftover watch guy built a tag buying software program after his app became fairly popular he advertised it on bowsite

That’s correct.

It’s the only fair way. Too many people making nonsense excuses.

You get the tag,you hunt the tag. If you can’t hunt the tag then oh well.
The only way I would be fine with that is if you could gift your points to a family member like your son or daughter.
But would really suck in that scenario is your son or daughter saving points since they were 12 and waiting 15 years for a premium tag and something out of their control happening and they lose all those points. That would be heartbreaking for a parent to watch.

The only way I would be fine with that is if you could gift your points to a family member like your son or daughter.
But would really suck in that scenario is your son or daughter saving points since they were 12 and waiting 15 years for a premium tag and something out of their control happening and they lose all those points. That would be heartbreaking for a parent to watch.
Yes that is what I was referring to, and mossback, that is the app that was sold to the public, I just told you he had a way to get the tag in his or his buddies cart almost a min prior to it being released to the public, similar to what is going on now, as far as a program scanning the list and bypassing things the second the code it wants is read. Which leads to the tag in your cart prior to most guys clicking through first wheel on the motorcycle

Bots don't get them all and I never claimed they did. People only want the best of the best not low to mid tier tags. The advantage to the bot is speed I'm sure you could do a records request on tag sales since they all are time stamped and see that those premium tags are in carts in hundreds of tenths of a second. There is no way you can click that fast with your mouse or keyboard.
I know people who have got the best of the best without bots. The delay in the system does not allow your bot to load a tag in hundreds or tenths of a second, trust me. I call BS without any proof. Makes zero sense you are on here causing an issue if you are making 10K weekly on your system.

I know people who have got the best of the best without bots. The delay in the system does not allow your bot to load a tag in hundreds or tenths of a second, trust me. I call BS without any proof. Makes zero sense you are on here causing an issue if you are making 10K weekly on your system.
Those people only got those tags because there were probably multiple tags available, or the season had already started. The delay has no effect it is no different then you sitting in front of your computer clicking as fast as you can, mine just clicks faster. What issue am I causing? The bots are nothing new been happening since the reissue process started. It's even been mentioned numerous times in CPW meetings. You can look at the minutes of those meetings its the whole reason the capchta was installed a few years ago.

the best way to stop any advanced speed of a bot is to not have a preview list, first view 11am wed for any new tags, that will even the field and listed as they come in male, female, and not in order of species. how about no list, 11 am and try for what you want , if its there you have a chance.

the best way to stop any advanced speed of a bot is to not have a preview list, first view 11am wed for any new tags, that will even the field and listed as they come in male, female, and not in order of species. how about no list, 11 am and try for what you want , if its there you have a chance.
Ummm...that wouldn't slow down a bot even a little bit.

The bots can search and try for whatever tag it wants including multiple different tags 100 times before you could click one time.

As soon as one is available it will have it loaded into the cart before you even know anything had happened.

Basically what is happening now, the bot is clicking the buy tag option and the split second it is on the list it will have it locked up in the cart before you can even think about it.

I always figured that is what was happening, Orion just confirmed it.

I’d have to see this “bot” thing to believe it. People have been complaining of bots getting all the tags since day one and I need to see to believe.

I will admit, since they changed to this darn Wednesday at 11am, I’ve been a loser. But prior to that I was able to grab a number of great tags for me, dad and buddies. It was all about committing time to it.

Maybe Orion has the secret, but he’ll need to show me to believe. I think he’s just having a good time getting you all worked up.

If he’s got the secret though, I’m with others, he must be crazy to be talking about it here. That’s part of why I think he’s messing with you all.

Show me you got game @ORIONTHEHUNTER ! :LOL:

The bots can search and try for whatever tag it wants including multiple different tags 100 times before you could click one time.

As soon as one is available it will have it loaded into the cart before you even know anything had happened.

Basically what is happening now, the bot is clicking the buy tag option and the split second it is on the list it will have it locked up in the cart before you can even think about it.

I always figured that is what was happening, Orion just confirmed it.
How have I got multiple good tags without a bot then? Orion is full of it. The delay when everyone is clicking allows anyone a chance, you cannot click faster than the system allows. Close to 11 am it is only allowing a click every 0.5 to 1 second. Doesn't everyone hit the tag but doesn't get it in the cart? Probably 500 people hit it at 1 time but only 1 got it.

Those people only got those tags because there were probably multiple tags available, or the season had already started. The delay has no effect it is no different then you sitting in front of your computer clicking as fast as you can, mine just clicks faster. What issue am I causing? The bots are nothing new been happening since the reissue process started. It's even been mentioned numerous times in CPW meetings. You can look at the minutes of those meetings its the whole reason the capchta was installed a few years ago.
And you know this how? Have bought Multiple tags, more than 10 point tags, tags on your list, all bought without a bot.The delay has a huge effect, you cannot speed it up, you are waiting on the server to allow you to ask it if a tag is available. Then it has to answer you and you have to tell it to put it in the cart. There are not as many high point tags as there were previously, more people are trying and the 11 am jam is making it like a lottery for those dedicated.

And you know this how? Have bought Multiple tags, more than 10 point tags, tags on your list, all bought without a bot.The delay has a huge effect, you cannot speed it up, you are waiting on the server to allow you to ask it if a tag is available. Then it has to answer you and you have to tell it to put it in the cart. There are not as many high point tags as there were previously, more people are trying and the 11 am jam is making it like a lottery for those dedicated.
Sounds like it is the same way Ticketmaster, Stubhub, etc do it. Their bots buy almost all the good tickets right away. Hard to fight a system like that.

How have I got multiple good tags without a bot then? Orion is full of it. The delay when everyone is clicking allows anyone a chance, you cannot click faster than the system allows. Close to 11 am it is only allowing a click every 0.5 to 1 second. Doesn't everyone hit the tag but doesn't get it in the cart? Probably 500 people hit it at 1 time but only 1 got it.
You have no idea how systems work. How is it only allowing you to click every second? It has no control on how fast you can click. It's amazing you think you can click faster then a machine.

Sounds like it is the same way Ticketmaster, Stubhub, etc do it. Their bots buy almost all the good tickets right away. Hard to fight a system like that.
Bingo some people get a few good tickets but a majority go to bots and get resold for a huge markup. Funny don't they release concert tickets at a certain time and date? According to nripepi that means a bot couldn't purchase them.

You have no idea how systems work. How is it only allowing you to click every second? It has no control on how fast you can click. It's amazing you think you can click faster then a machine.
I think you are the one that doesn't understand! I am sure there are advantages to Bots clicking, especially if there is no delay, but there is no option to reclick for 0.5 to 1 seconds or more after your initial click as you are waiting for a response from the server.

How did I get your tag without a Bot then?

I think you are the one that doesn't understand! I am sure there are advantages to Bots clicking, especially if there is no delay, but there is no option to reclick for 0.5 to 1 seconds or more after your initial click as you are waiting for a response from the server.

They don’t get every tag. Just the majority of the ones they are after. Same as Ticketmaster. Zero difference.

Show your unit 76 tag you got the last three weeks they were on the list. The bot isn't clicking it is constantly searching for hunt codes there is no delay, your ignorance on how systems and programming work is very apparent. You keep fighting the good fight and when you get to the add to cart page keep telling yourself you were oh so close

Where did I say they get every tag?

That’s the thing nripepi we are playing checkers, and Orion is playing chess, there is no clicking. The program is searching grabs it and puts it in the cart…

Orion presents a plausible story, with no visual evidence.

Upload us a short video showing the bot in action. Just a little evidence of some kind.

That’s the thing nripepi we are playing checkers, and Orion is playing chess, there is no clicking. The program is searching grabs it and puts it in the cart…
Okay, how many tags can this software you install on your computer search for at one time? It cannot do more than one in under a second because of the delay in the system due to traffic. I could see how it could help a bit, yes for sure, but with the traffic and delay and all the tags dropping at nearly the same time I just don't see how it will beat a 10,000 humans all clicking buttons for a 100 different tags. Show us or shut up about it is what I say. Tell me how many systems are running and how many tags you get each week.

How can he be playing chess if he is making 10K per week on his program and he is blasting about it on the internet? All that is going to happen is the system will get changed to a lottery and he won't make 10K per week or get any tags then, makes zero sense.

I think he is the one playing checkers here. The only reason I am still replying is I think it is in the best interests of those on MM.com to keep the system as is or revert to the random releases where if you are patient, try hard, you might get a decent tag every couple of years. A lottery is fine if that is what CPW wants but then way less people here will get a tag. People on MM have an obsession and are patient and work hard to try and get a good hunt in.

Haha yep there are no bots. Same as ticketmaster, stubhub, fanduel, etc. It's all made up. How many tickets do you think bots bought for Taylor Swift this year did you not see all the news coverage on that? Way more than 10,000 people on the system all at once more like 100s of thousands trying to click fast enough for tickets way more than what's on CPWs site every week. You realize they drop all those tickets at a certain time and day just like CPW does dont' you? By the way there were 11,267 different IP addresses on CPWs site last week trying for tags so your 10,000 is a little low. Yeah I can also track that. I have 6 servers running for this program they search constantly for 82 hunt codes that I have programmed in. I can also add or subtract hunt codes anytime as someone asks for something I'm not searching for. I get 99.9% of the tags. I already stated what 4 tags were on the list this week in a previous post. Would love to see that 76 tag you got in the last three weeks.

I have 6 servers running for this program they search constantly for 82 hunt codes that I have programmed in. I can also add or subtract hunt codes anytime as someone asks for something I'm not searching for. I get 99.9% of the tags. I already stated what 4 tags were on the list this week in a previous post. Would love to see that 76 tag you got in the last three weeks.
I thought the program ran as software on someone elses computer? I will show mine, will you show yours if I do?

Haha yep there are no bots. Same as ticketmaster, stubhub, fanduel, etc. It's all made up. How many tickets do you think bots bought for Taylor Swift this year did you not see all the news coverage on that? Way more than 10,000 people on the system all at once more like 100s of thousands trying to click fast enough for tickets way more than what's on CPWs site every week. You realize they drop all those tickets at a certain time and day just like CPW does dont' you? By the way there were 11,267 different IP addresses on CPWs site last week trying for tags so your 10,000 is a little low. Yeah I can also track that. I have 6 servers running for this program they search constantly for 82 hunt codes that I have programmed in. I can also add or subtract hunt codes anytime as someone asks for something I'm not searching for. I get 99.9% of the tags. I already stated what 4 tags were on the list this week in a previous post. Would love to see that 76 tag you got in the last three weeks.
What 82 hunt codes?

How can he be playing chess if he is making 10K per week on his program and he is blasting about it on the internet? All that is going to happen is the system will get changed to a lottery and he won't make 10K per week or get any tags then, makes zero sense.

I think he is the one playing checkers here. The only reason I am still replying is I think it is in the best interests of those on MM.com to keep the system as is or revert to the random releases where if you are patient, try hard, you might get a decent tag every couple of years. A lottery is fine if that is what CPW wants but then way less people here will get a tag. People on MM have an obsession and are patient and work hard to try and get a good hunt in.
Got to a lottery and put EVERYONE on an even playing field. Why should anybody have an advantage ?

. I get 99.9% of the tags.
I try for 1 tag per week and we have had, what, 4 or 5 weeks of this madness?

Not sure how you come up with 99.9%?

I have gotten 0.5% of your 82 tags you are trying for each week. Any one else in the world get a tag they were trying for?

Got to a lottery and put EVERYONE on an even playing field. Why should anybody have an advantage ?
That's fine if it is what CPW and everyone wants, whatever. I was just saying if you are on MM daily this is more beneficial to you. I kind of think that is what Orion wants here as he must have slow fingers.

I have gotten 0.5% of your 82 tags you are trying for each week. Any one else in the world get a tag they were trying for?
How do you know you got a tag I was going for? I saw you avoided my questions about the Taylor Swift tickets you in denial? The software can run on someones computer other people want me to do it for them I never stated otherwise. A majority of the people want it done for them and that's what they are paying for.

There is two trains thought here. Either Orion is full of it and is trolling to get less people trying for re issue tags. Or he does have this system that essentially get 99% of all the top tier tags. One side would be selfish and manipulative the other is basically rubbing everyone’s noses into the fact they will never beat his program. Either way I don’t think it’s a good look and looking at most of his encounters it I think this could go either way.

A bot will feast on random releases...

I concede there is no bot. You guys are right everyone is on the same playing field. The "delay" in the system makes it fair for everyone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Carry on I can't wait for all the Oh I got to the add to cart page and then it told me it was unavailable post next Wednesday.

Yeah, hard to tell. I 1000% believe someone can and probably has made a program for CPW's system that does exactly as Orion is claiming/describing. Orion has been on here a while, and this style re-issue isn't new to this year. If he was going to talk as openly about this as he is, why haven't we heard about this earlier from him? Further, if there is one bot, theres more bot's. The claim that his bot is getting 99.9% can't possibly be correct, others have to be getting some.

@nripepi - Can you try for me?? :). Sounds like you are having success. My son and I are 0 for 5 and we are trying for some 1 point tags this past week. Orion didn't respond. :)

Still like that they reissue, I have yet to see a tag on Nevada's FCFS, so KI am okay with the small chance and I'll keep trying.

In the past on this thread you state that there is a 2 year waiting list... yet the tags populate as they are turned in. How can you have a waiting list for unknown tags that are picked up with a program that is on the Individuals (clients) computer.
I can't wait for your witty response!
YOU TROLL!!!

@nripepi - Can you try for me?? :). Sounds like you are having success. My son and I are 0 for 5 and we are trying for some 1 point tags this past week. Orion didn't respond. :)

Still like that they reissue, I have yet to see a tag on Nevada's FCFS, so KI am okay with the small chance and I'll keep trying.
Sure, $500 per point :)

In the past on this thread you state that there is a 2 year waiting list... yet the tags populate as they are turned in. How can you have a waiting list for unknown tags that are picked up with a program that is on the Individuals (clients) computer.
I can't wait for your witty response!
YOU TROLL!!!
He has a waitlist to get to be apart of his program, I’m sure when the preview list comes out then the bidding starts for those that want the tags and if they can go… they rich get richer.

The bots crashed my internet connection at about 1 minute to 11, then it worked again at 1 minute after 11!! No BS, that was my reissue day. ?

It seems like this year they are actually being released a lot closer to the actual 11 instead of 11:05 or whatever.

Only tried once on the first go around this year. Have a full plate this year but tried to get a 4th season tag that my daughter has. Figured if it worked out I could shot one after she got her’s. By the time I got to the hunts that morning it was GONE!!!!

The bots must have had a late Labor Day cause my buddy got a tag… now that’s 3 people I have heard of getting tags

One thing I have never understood is how a tag can end up on the list during its current season. How does the CPW know that people haven't already hunted the tag and are just turning it back in. Archery season started 10 days ago. I thought they had to be turned in prior to the start of the season?

Not many NR's are going to pay ~$750 to hunt for 4 days....lord.

One thing I have never understood is how a tag can end up on the list during its current season. How does the CPW know that people haven't already hunted the tag and are just turning it back in. Archery season started 10 days ago. I thought they had to be turned in prior to the start of the season?

It states if you want a refund or points back, you must return 30 days prior to start of season

I mean the first week it makes sense, tag gets turned in a few days before archery or muzzy opener, but two weeks into archery makes me wonder… with the new system it really stinks for guys muzzy or rifle tags

I’ve always wondered how many of these tags that show up right before the season starts or during the season. Are actually landowner vouchers that they couldn’t sell or use. So the landowners turned them back in so CPW could reissue them as tags??

I’ve always wondered how many of these tags that show up right before the season starts or during the season. Are actually landowner vouchers that they couldn’t sell or use. So the landowners turned them back in so CPW could reissue them as tags??
Put in a public information request to the CPW. I'm sure they will be happy to tell you.

While you're at it, ask them for a report on the names of the people who are turning tags back in for the last 5 years. When you get that, do a filter sort to see if the same people are doing it every single year....

Oh, never mind, they won't give you that information either. lol

Last edited:
Don’t you have to show up in person to a cpw office to get a tab after season has started? Or am I dumb?
I’m assuming you mean tag? If you get one off the leftover list, you can have it printed up at any license outlet. It doesn’t actually have to be at a Colorado parks and wildlife office.

Last edited:
I think it would still be a PLO tag regardless

I mean the first week it makes sense, tag gets turned in a few days before archery or muzzy opener, but two weeks into archery makes me wonder… with the new system it really stinks for guys muzzy or rifle tags
You cant turn the tag back in once season has started. Those tags that are showing up after season has started have been sitting on some CPW desk for weeks.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom