Leftover Reissue list is up.

Here you go

Screenshot_20230913-151216.png

All Right.... Have you guys checked out todays list? Another 10 Tags for unit 76 Bull 1st rifle.... WTF is up with this? That has to be over 30 tags returned so far. Did I miss the memo??‍♂️

Last edited:
Isnt there a guy or two on here that stubbornly hold to the idea that this doesn't cause point creep?
I was one of those that said it wasn't significant. I can't explain 76. I am sitting on units that have 100s of tags that have yet to drop one back, I just can't explain it. It is more tags than 61 during the fire.

Here is your answer to the 76 tag dilemma—southern Colorado had a good snow pack and wet May. After the spring runoff, southern and southwest Colorado went completely dry during the months of June, July, and August. There was no monsoonal moisture—conditions heading back into drought and completely opposite of what the northern half of the state looked/looks like. As a result, in the lower to mid portions of the unit the feed was burnt up, short, and poor all summer long. The only good feed was in the higher elevations of the unit (which there are many) where the remaining melting, excessive snowpack was the only water source for the feed growth. The melting snow banks can only water so far down the face of the hill. These areas are all in the “deep and steep” parts of the unit. Thus, the vast majority of the elk were more concentrated in the upper extreme elevations rather than dispersed within all elevations of the unit to feed on the lusher vegetation.
So, all these tag holders come to scout in the summer and didn’t see the “trophy” elk that were “supposed to see”, and they easily recognized the dry conditions. Probably many of them never thought to go in several miles to scout. Once they realized that 76 had a lot of deep and steep country to it and didn’t see much for elk, they then realize that the hunt would require a lot more than than they initially thought. At this point they turn the tag back. Especially when they see how many Texans and Oakies are relentlessly cruising side by sides all summer long up every road and trail within the unit.
I spend a considerable amount of time in the unit living close to it, and have hunt it myself and with close family and friends on a couple hunts every year for the past 12 years. I run into people every year—“where are all the elk?” “This unit wasn’t what I thought it would be.”

Word of advice to those who want to save years and years of point to hunt “trophy” elk and think that 76 in the answer— scout the unit as you apply to see if it is feasible for you to hunt rather than solely scout it in the months after the tag is drawn. I know this is a hard concept and not feasible or convenient for most, but it would save you some headache. If you want an easier trophy unit, stick to 61, 40 and the NW corners where the terrain is more favorable to navigate—and where there are truly more trophy quality elk.

Here is your answer to the 76 tag dilemma—southern Colorado had a good snow pack and wet May. After the spring runoff, southern and southwest Colorado went completely dry during the months of June, July, and August. There was no monsoonal moisture—conditions heading back into drought and completely opposite of what the northern half of the state looked/looks like. As a result, in the lower to mid portions of the unit the feed was burnt up, short, and poor all summer long. The only good feed was in the higher elevations of the unit (which there are many) where the remaining melting, excessive snowpack was the only water source for the feed growth. The melting snow banks can only water so far down the face of the hill. These areas are all in the “deep and steep” parts of the unit. Thus, the vast majority of the elk were more concentrated in the upper extreme elevations rather than dispersed within all elevations of the unit to feed on the lusher vegetation.
So, all these tag holders come to scout in the summer and didn’t see the “trophy” elk that were “supposed to see”, and they easily recognized the dry conditions. Probably many of them never thought to go in several miles to scout. Once they realized that 76 had a lot of deep and steep country to it and didn’t see much for elk, they then realize that the hunt would require a lot more than than they initially thought. At this point they turn the tag back. Especially when they see how many Texans and Oakies are relentlessly cruising side by sides all summer long up every road and trail within the unit.
I spend a considerable amount of time in the unit living close to it, and have hunt it myself and with close family and friends on a couple hunts every year for the past 12 years. I run into people every year—“where are all the elk?” “This unit wasn’t what I thought it would be.”

Word of advice to those who want to save years and years of point to hunt “trophy” elk and think that 76 in the answer— scout the unit as you apply to see if it is feasible for you to hunt rather than solely scout it in the months after the tag is drawn. I know this is a hard concept and not feasible or convenient for most, but it would save you some headache. If you want an easier trophy unit, stick to 61, 40 and the NW corners where the terrain is more favorable to navigate—and where there are truly more trophy quality elk.
Fair assessment… well lots of point holders rejoin fray for next year. Maybe they will draw 76 again or look else where. Either way lots of happy leftover fellas that’s for sure

Maybe.

Personally, I think it’s a bunch of geriatrics that waited too many years to draw tags. Now that they have the tags they are too old to do the hunt.

Malu, Welcome to MM. and thanks for the explanation which I think you hit the nail on the head with (y)

Heres another thought. How about cpw auction off all the tags that are deemed high demand? If someone is already profiting off the by marketing them, this would make it more fun. We could actually see what the market value is.

Malu's explanation makes the most sense. That and the fact that a lot of older hunters have been buying points for many years only to finally realize that they will never draw the Northwest corner and are settling on 2nd or 3rd best options, like 76, before they're too old to hunt. Most have probably never been in the unit, but Huntin' Fool says it's good, so they apply and draw. "Scout", regret and return the tag.

Here's a crazy thought. What are the chances that the DOW is just dumping more tags in the unit and pawning them off as returned tags? Not much would actually surprise me these days.
You know, I thought the same thing but I really didn’t wanna mention it without any facts, but anything is possible.?

They would be better off having a weekly random draw. Same preview list and $5 gets your name into the hat for whichever tag you want. Hold the draw every Wed at 11am.
They would profit off every ones $5 and I can handle losing in a random draw versus this current system which has way to many holes and variables.

Heres another thought. How about cpw auction off all the tags that are deemed high demand? If someone is already profiting off the by marketing them, this would make it more fun. We could actually see what the market value is.
Just check hunting fool for landowner tag prices and you will know the market value. Good day today, just need patience.

I was just sitting there with nothing to do this morning before they put the ten unit 76 tags up. A week ago, I would have been all set and ready race. But something else was telling me no, so I didn't try. I probably would be pondering returning one if I had one, pending my MRI. I just hope to be able to hunt my WY deer tag in a unit with mild terrain and lots of roads now.

IMG_20230916_202951762.jpg

I was just sitting there with nothing to do this morning before they put the ten unit 76 tags up. A week ago, I would have been all set and ready race. But something else was telling me no, so I didn't try. I probably would be pondering returning one if I had one, pending my MRI. I just hope to be able to hunt my WY deer tag in a unit with mild terrain and lots of roads now.

View attachment 120293
Woah it looks like a normal leg and one of big wiffy’s legs?!

View attachment 120293
Holy crap!
what happened?

I noticed there was 10 public land Buck Pronghorn tags for the northwest this morning. In two different units and they all got taken. The locals probably picked them up. They’re not out much It’ll be a nice drive who knows maybe they’ll find one of the few that are left out there. ??

Last edited:
I noticed there was 10 public land Buck Pronghorn tags for the northwest this morning. In two different units and they all got taken. The locals probably picked them up. They’re not out much It’ll be a nice drive who knows maybe they’ll find one of the few that are left out there. ??
Pretty ugly for goats in 3/301? Any seed left to make a recovery?

Pretty ugly for goats in 3/301? Any seed left to make a recovery?
I was out there five different times throughout the spring and summer. I spent three or four days each time. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen it for goats and deer. I have a second season deer tag. I’m just looking to go out and have a good time with friends and family. I’m afraid it’s gonna take a few years to rebound and hopefully we don’t have any more bad winters for a while.??

Holy crap!
what happened?
Slipped going over a boulder field in the Sierras with a fairly heavy backpack on. My leg got wedged between boulders and twisted my knee. I was able to walk to a meadow, laid down and it swelled up. I was done. I tapped out on the Garmin and got my first helicopter ride. Glad I bought the extra S&R insurance! I hope I'll get a MRI to see how bad the damage is tomorrow. Waiting on insurance approval.

Slipped going over a boulder field in the Sierras with a fairly heavy backpack on. My leg got wedged between boulders and twisted my knee. I was able to walk to a meadow, laid down and it swelled up. I was done. I tapped out on the Garmin and got my first helicopter ride. Glad I bought the extra S&R insurance! I hope I'll get a MRI to see how bad the damage is tomorrow. Waiting on insurance approval.
Hope you have a quick recovery

I wish the best of luck to all trying for said good tag. I hope to hear about someone without and it department getting it! even the re issue process is a money thing now.

Half minute between clicks. Add to cart. Worm. Worm. Worm....gone.
I'm consistently getting aroun 48-50 clicks a minute, only one time in three years have I got one to pop the add to cart, I was so dumb founded I stared a hole in the screen like a confused dog for 10 seconds tryign to figure out what the hell had happened. Finally when I saw the add to cart it was obviously to late. I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing, or not doing. I'm not smart enough to give up, so I'll keep trying I guess!! lol

I pulled a 55 3rd season buck tag today which I am through the roof about. It will be my first deer hunt in Colorado and years of no luck on the reissue game. The bad part is I'm about to be TDY for the Air Force for 5 weeks so it will be 100% escouting. Have hunted 53/54 for many years so this will be a new unit if anyone out there wants to team up or throw me some general advice...

I pulled a 55 3rd season buck tag today which I am through the roof about. It will be my first deer hunt in Colorado and years of no luck on the reissue game. The bad part is I'm about to be TDY for the Air Force for 5 weeks so it will be 100% escouting. Have hunted 53/54 for many years so this will be a new unit if anyone out there wants to team up or throw me some general advice...
So you're the one who took my tag? :ROFLMAO: Did you use a bot? :)

Good luck on that hunt. Should be fun.

Yup same for me had a mediocre tag at the add to cart then the thing froze and there were a few tags on the list thought I had a chance but nope….

I haven’t gotten anything into the cart this entire reissue season, in case it makes you feel any better.

I had a tag in my cart at the payment screen about to enter CC info when I got kicked out. Logged back in and it was gone from my cart. Ridiculous bulls$(&

Could some please explain this to me? I’m going to call CO parks tomorrow also.
For the past few weeks there have been 5 tags for 66 deer and 5 for 67 deer. Once they go on sale none of the tags ever hit the leftover list not even for a second. Are they even releasing them?

Could some please explain this to me? I’m going to call CO parks tomorrow also.
For the past few weeks there have been 5 tags for 66 deer and 5 for 67 deer. Once they go on sale none of the tags ever hit the leftover list not even for a second. Are they even releasing them?
Yes they are being sold. They are being bought before the actual leftover list updates. Whatever tags aren’t bought, will be added to the list when it updates.

Thanks. I already have one though?
Wasn’t trying to rub it in, I’m not getting any either, just trying to avoid a frustrating call with the CPW for you. My buddies and I are 0/10 on attempts are pretty marginal tags so far, I was an adult and drew one so I’m not playing the silly game this year, next year though… who knows

Yes they are being sold. They are being bought before the actual leftover list updates. Whatever tags aren’t bought, will be added to the list when it updates.
Are they being bought by people next in line for the tag and thus burning their points?

Are they being bought by people next in line for the tag and thus burning their points?
No. If you notice at the top of the leftover list, it refreshes every 10 min or so. These tags are being bought immediately as soon as they are released and gone before the list refreshes.
A few weeks back the list just happened to refresh at 11:00:08 and tags were not on the list. I called and asked your same question. I was told this premium tags are bought within milliseconds of 11:00 or they have not been released yet as not all tags are released right at 11:00. But say by the time the the list does refresh at 11:10 those tags have been released and sold already.
If that convoluted mess makes any sense.....:unsure:

No. If you notice at the top of the leftover list, it refreshes every 10 min or so. These tags are being bought immediately as soon as they are released and gone before the list refreshes.
A few weeks back the list just happened to refresh at 11:00:08 and tags were not on the list. I called and asked your same question. I was told this premium tags are bought within milliseconds of 11:00 or they have not been released yet as not all tags are released right at 11:00. But say by the time the the list does refresh at 11:10 those tags have been released and sold already.
If that convoluted mess makes any sense.....:unsure:
Thank you. I assumed it was something along those lines but didn’t call CWP to ask yet.

The information above about the tags being gone in milliseconds is wrong. I was retrying continuously. I got my tag about 11:01. Also, the leftover list timestamped at 11:10 is a page longer than the 11:05 list.

The information above about the tags being gone in milliseconds is wrong. I was retrying continuously. I got my tag about 11:01. Also, the leftover list timestamped at 11:10 is a page longer than the 11:05 list.
try getting a tag that takes over 20 points. They are gone in milliseconds after being released. Also to answer your statement about the 11:15 list being longer. Not all tags are released at the same time.
Feel free to call CPW and get their version

My system is finally dialed in. Today I got me and my family some 10+ point elk tags and Gunny basin deer tags!! All in one day! So stoked (and broke)! Its going to be a great fall!!

Surely you're yanking our leg... The odds of getting three 10+ point tags in the same week has got to be 1 in a handful of millions

Surely you're yanking our leg... The odds of getting three 10+ point tags in the same week has got to be 1 in a handful of millions
Pics or it didn’t happen… I will gladly eat my words and honestly like stated above I would love for an average Joe to get some but a gunny basin buck, 61 bull tag, and another tag on the same go around…. Seems unreal or did you pay Orion and that’s why you are broke? Haha

Not if you have the proper system and have you and a few family members using it :ROFLMAO:
Pics or it didn’t happen… I will gladly eat my words and honestly like stated above I would love for an average Joe to get some but a gunny basin buck, 61 bull tag, and another tag on the same go around…. Seems unreal or did you pay Orion and that’s why you are broke? Haha
You are on to me. I will tell you I did have to pay north of a couple thousand dollars to get the system put in place for me, but it is already worth the investment to me after this week.

Also I can confirm that the tags being gone in milliseconds is correct. There are systems that can "add to cart" before it shows/loads on your page.

Not if you have the proper system and have you and a few family members using it :ROFLMAO:

You are on to me. I will tell you I did have to pay north of a couple thousand dollars to get the system put in place for me, but it is already worth the investment to me after this week.

Also I can confirm that the tags being gone in milliseconds is correct. There are systems that can "add to cart" before it shows/loads on your page.
Prepare to have your inbox flooded with PM’s lol but seriously if you want to help a brother out I’m just over here trying to get wounded warrior buddy a 1 point buck tag… 3rd week of the tag being up and no success yet

I decided to go for the second season even though there was a third season tag on the list. I was hoping everyone would be trying for the better tags this week and it paid off. But I can't stop thinking "what if I had tried for the third season".

I got a 3 point tag without paying thru the nose. Just keep trying.
I was able to get high point tags last year but this year I got tired of not being able to get to the “add to cart page” on hardly any tag.
My system is also fully dialed in. It detects people who are full of ****. Today I pinned down a no brained bull shitter. Best thing about my system is it's free fiddy!
Believe what you want but the person who programmed it for me said that he had already created 3 other programs for the CPW page this year. That makes sense to me as I read other comments about reissued tags on MM. And this might explain why it was so hard to get tags earlier.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom