Lemhi zone for archery elk

>I hope you know how to
>use Google Earth because people
>are about to bombard you
>with GPS coordinates!

Now thats funny!!

ridgelineoutdoors.com

Wolves are plentiful and elk are in short supply. they are where you find them. seriously. the wolves push them so much they never really stay put. constantly moving. but i do hear there are a ##### load of elk on ol Verizon CEO's property in the lemhi valley. pay the CEO anf he'll let u hunt.

>The mountains!!!!!

Wrong! Glass the green fields behind the no hunting signs you will find almost all of the elk in the unit in three different fields.
Justin

+ 1 on dreamins post. folks watch them outside the fence like coyotes around a sheep pen. pretty funny to watch. the epitomy of trophy elk hunting. :)

nvoutdoors,

I don't hunt the Lemhi zone, but as you can see by the replies you may have over estimated the willingness of folks on this board to help you out. I would suggest giving Fish and Game a call, get ahold of a bologist for the region and they can point you in the right direction to get started.

Also, do a search for Lemhi zone on here and maybe there are some old posts that could help you out.

Good luck!

I hunted that zone once 10 years ago. Some of the elk there seemed to behave more like mountain goats than elk. They hung out up high in some nasty country. Glass the drainages from a distance (3-4 miles) morning and evening, and you should be able to spot herds of elk near the timber/sage interface. Getting to them might be a real heck of a hike! Good luck hunting, it is some beautiful country.

How about access areas to this zone and ideas on roads that will get me up high so I can start my 2 week DIY back pack hunt

>How about access areas to this
>zone on roads
>that will get me up
>high so I can start
>my 2 week DIY back
>pack hunt

There aren't any hence it is difficult to hike and hunt. Odds are you will start at around 8000 ft base camp and travel up from there.
It is ATV/Road restricted zone. Any trail you find is hike or horse back only. NO ATV's.

If your looking for a unit where there are many roads trails accessible by motorized vehicles, your looking in the wrong unit. The local outfitters are notorious for tuning up off roaders and rightfully so.

Like stated above, glassing is your best bet. Like I stated before and I'm not being rude, the Elk are where you find them. The local wolves keep them moving constantly. One poster put it well, these Elk are more like Mountain Goats than Elk. Hell, I have seen Big Horn Sheep lower than the Elk on may occasions.

Good luck hauling one of those Elk out.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-13 AT 10:18PM (MST)[p]We've hunted it the last couple seasons successfully. Not near as bad as some are telling you. There are elk there in huntable numbers. Call the bio and forget what you see on this site.

Oh yeah, there are several trails open to ATV's and bikes.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-13
>AT 10:18?PM (MST)

>
>We've hunted it the last couple
>seasons successfully. Not near as
>bad as some are telling
>you. There are elk there
>in huntable numbers. Call the
>bio and forget what you
>see on this site.
>
>
>Oh yeah, there are several trails
>open to ATV's and bikes.
>
>
>
>
>
>the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".
>

Yeah, don't listen. SMH. Go grab a map and see for yourself. GSJ is incorrect, as usual.

I can think of two trails out of the pahsemeroi open for motorized right off the top of my head. We've killed two bulls and a cow over there past four seasons on public land. Not the easiest place to hunt and there are certainly more elk elsewhere but there is no reason in the world you shouldn't hunt there if you want to. There are elk there and if you hunt hard and smart you'll find them. Period.

Damn it Jake, if you're not careful dreamy will start a PM group circle jerk, and psychologically profile you. Don't be to hard on him, dreamy is just trying to protect his doe hunting spot.

As for the OP most guys work to hard to find good camping spots to divulge much info. Throw a dart at the wall map and learn as you go!

You can always count on the dreamer to cast a ray of sunshine on this forum ;).

He's got to be the most miserable, bitter, just plain negative guy on here. No wonder he cant find a meat bull to hang a tag on, He starts the hunting day convinced it's hopeless...

>Damn it Jake, if you're not
>careful dreamy will start a
>PM group circle jerk, and
> psychologically profile you. Don't
>be to hard on him,
>dreamy is just trying to
>protect his doe hunting spot.
>
>
>As for the OP most guys
>work to hard to find
>good camping spots to divulge
>much info. Throw a dart
>at the wall map and
>learn as you go!

and little penis here just cant stop from making a further ass of himself. jack up your truck another 20" to make up for the lack of inches in your tighty whities?

>You can always count on the
>dreamer to cast a ray
>of sunshine on this forum
>;).
>
>He's got to be the most
>miserable, bitter, just plain negative
>guy on here. No wonder
>he cant find a meat
>bull to hang a tag
>on, He starts the hunting
>day convinced it's hopeless...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".
>

oh Jakey I'm so sorry.. didnt your mommy give you your hug this morning? poor lil piss ant.

>Looks like dreamies tender feelers are
>hurt once again! Thanks
>for the leg slapper, the
>wife and I enjoyed it!!!LOL
>

i'm sure she enjoys me more than you..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom