LET'S BE SAFE EVERYBODY!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Just wanted to Throw a Word of Caution out there While Hunting & Plinking/Target Shooting!

Let's Be as Safe as We Can!

Accidents Can & Will Happen!

But There Ain't One of us on Either Side of This Deal We'd wanna Be Dealing with!

The Good Thing is the Kid is alive & Sounds like He's gonna be OK,Coulda been worse!

https://www.ksl.com/article/4668716...ho-allegedly-hit-9-year-old-with-stray-bullet

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I learned gun and shooting safety when I was 8 yrs old.
Just wonder now days how many people are taught gun safety before handling firearms?

My daughter went to the funeral of her classmate that was killed up by Monte Cristo due to negligent shooting. It was a very, very sad week. Glad this one didn't end in a fatality.

So black friday last week my nephew and his wife come into the store and he looks at a Sig p365 that's in our ad. He wants it, I tell him to get it and his wife says noooo (at this point I wanted to recommend a good divorce lawyer but figured that politeness dictated not to say so in her presence).

Anyway over the weekend the dumb baztard who lives in Blanding but shall remain nameless shoots himself through the leg with a 9mm while sitting in his dad's car. At this point I'm thinking: well I'm glad I didn't sell him the gun after all and I'm also surprised it wasn't his wife that pulled the trigger ;-)

He called it an accident. Bullchit. There is no such thing as a firearm accident, only firearm incidents and those are no accident. Carelessness will get you. It may not happen today, it may not happen tomorrow, but keep being stupid and it will bite you in the ass one day.

Be careful folks, they walk amongst us.

Again.....Utards....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Again.....Utards....
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

EASY Homer!

>So black friday last week my
>nephew and his wife come
>into the store and he
>looks at a Sig p365
>that's in our ad. He
>wants it, I tell him
>to get it and his
>wife says noooo (at this
>point I wanted to recommend
>a good divorce lawyer but
>figured that politeness dictated not
>to say so in her
>presence).
>
>Anyway over the weekend the dumb
>baztard who lives in Blanding
>but shall remain nameless shoots
>himself through the leg with
>a 9mm while sitting in
>his dad's car. At this
>point I'm thinking: well I'm
>glad I didn't sell him
>the gun after all and
>I'm also surprised it wasn't
>his wife that pulled the
>trigger ;-)
>
>He called it an accident. Bullchit.
>There is no such thing
>as a firearm accident, only
>firearm incidents and those are
>no accident. Carelessness will get
>you. It may not happen
>today, it may not happen
>tomorrow, but keep being stupid
>and it will bite you
>in the ass one day.
>
>
>Be careful folks, they walk amongst
>us.

So this post got back to my nephew and his wife had her daddy call the store and complain that their family would never shop in that store again because of this post that I made. So this morning I was fired over it. I'd only been at the job five weeks and it really wasn't working out anyway so that doesn't bother me much. I do find it hard to believe that people are so thin skinned. If he had thicker skin there might not have been an exit wound on his leg, maybe that's a good thing, maybe not ;-)

On the bright side I can now go out and try to fill my elk tag which I wouldn't have been able to.

Man, sorry to hear deadI. Gun incidents happen and I am glad the guy wasn't more hurt. I know I have had mine, ended up with a huge hole in the roof of my truck! Muzzle was pointed in a safe direction for everyone except the truck. Learned a lesson that day I'll never forget. Hope your nephew did too.

}}-SLIVER-->

Fired without a warning for calling out your nephew by reference.
That sucks. What gun store should I avoid?

>Fired without a warning for calling
>out your nephew by reference.
>
>That sucks. What gun store
>should I avoid?

Yep, it was because I mentioned their store, which I didn't realize I did, but one of my nephews inlaws saw this post and put two and two together. I think they were more butt-hurt about my comment recommending a divorce lawyer than anything.

Courtesy Ace Hardware in Delta is the store. The guy they hired before me didn't last two months before quitting and the guy before him left to be a school janitor. They hired a store manager for the Delta store because they are building a new store in Panguitch. That new store manager might have been there two months as well before he left. I was trying to make it until the end of this year just for the pro-deals but they beat me to the punch.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from shopping for guns and accessories there, they do have 30 round Bushmaster AR mags for only $32.99; and lots of other great deals.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-19 AT 05:22PM (MST)[p]>>So black friday last week my
>>nephew and his wife come
>>into the store and he
>>looks at a Sig p365
>>that's in our ad. He
>>wants it, I tell him
>>to get it and his
>>wife says noooo (at this
>>point I wanted to recommend
>>a good divorce lawyer but
>>figured that politeness dictated not
>>to say so in her
>>presence).
>>
>>Anyway over the weekend the dumb
>>baztard who lives in Blanding
>>but shall remain nameless shoots
>>himself through the leg with
>>a 9mm while sitting in
>>his dad's car. At this
>>point I'm thinking: well I'm
>>glad I didn't sell him
>>the gun after all and
>>I'm also surprised it wasn't
>>his wife that pulled the
>>trigger ;-)
>>
>>He called it an accident. Bullchit.
>>There is no such thing
>>as a firearm accident, only
>>firearm incidents and those are
>>no accident. Carelessness will get
>>you. It may not happen
>>today, it may not happen
>>tomorrow, but keep being stupid
>>and it will bite you
>>in the ass one day.
>>
>>
>>Be careful folks, they walk amongst
>>us.
>
>So this post got back to
>my nephew and his wife
>had her daddy call the
>store and complain that their
>family would never shop in
>that store again because of
>this post that I made.
>So this morning I was
>fired over it. I'd only
>been at the job five
>weeks and it really wasn't
>working out anyway so that
>doesn't bother me much. I
>do find it hard to
>believe that people are so
>thin skinned. If he had
>thicker skin there might not
>have been an exit wound
>on his leg, maybe that's
>a good thing, maybe not
>;-)
>
>On the bright side I can
>now go out and try
>to fill my elk tag
>which I wouldn't have been
>able to.

The little gal had no sense of humor whatsoever? Tell her to lighten up Bob! Hell she's probably readin it now!???

#livelikezac

I Sent you a PM Bob!

>wow! well that should make things
>interesting at the family christmas
>party HAHA

I think he will have too much of a limp to make the party this year ;-)

So I found out why I was so quick to get the axe. It turns out that the father-in-law of limpy is my ex-Boss' bishop and my x-boss is one of his counselors in the bishopric. How the hell is that for a coincidence?

I was also told by my Boss that it wasn't my nephews fault that he shot himself because he was taking the magazine out of the gun at the time the gun went off. He also explained to me that even an "EXPERT" firearms trainer that trains the local Sheriff department shot himself in the finger and that proves firearm accidents do happen. That wasn't an accident and I question his expertise.

I don't believe there is such thing as a gun accident but only incidents caused by carelessness and neglect. It is my biggest fear that something like that should ever happen, especially having five of my own kids that I shoot and hunt with.

Back in about 2003 I was filming an Alaskan Bear Hunting video in Southeast Alaska (Hunting Alaskas Coastal Giants). One particular fall hunt myself, the guide and the hunter were set up on a big stream that had lots of salmon in it and there was lots of bear activity (Coastal Brownies) on that stream.

It was an uneventful evening and as we stood up we were facing each other closely while deciding what to do next. As we were quietly talking the hunter slid his safety off to remove the round from the chamber. "BOOM" the faulty remington safety caused the gun to fire. I know people say this never happens but it did happen this time. The three of us were nearly shoulder to shoulder in a quiet setting other than the sound of the water. I don't think three people have ever crapped their pants in such unison before. Thankfully that .375 h&h was pointed to the sky as it should have been when it went off.

This time it was a mechanical failure but because that hunter used safe firearm handling we all walked away with nothing more than an extreme heart rate. But what if he hadn't been pointing that barrel upwards?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom