Lets hear some talk!

R

Ridge_Runner

Hey there Blacktail fans. Well the season is creeping closer and I would of thought that the site would of been busier than a one legged man in a but kickin contest! I myself am planning my yearly hunt of the A zone of California and probably a Dzone archery also and I'll tell ya what, I can't wait. Even though it is usually about 110 degrees in the shade, rattlesnakes everywhere, and you don't see many deer but hey, i'm out in the woods with good friends and most of my family. This year is even more special as not only does my son want to go again his twin sister also wants to join in also. Man you should of seen the look on the wifes face when she heard that! Not that she is against it it is that she just never thought that her little girl would want to go. Well it makes me prouder than a three peckered billy goat to think that I'll have two of my kids up hunting with me and my Dad and the rest of the tribe. So any other guys getting ready for the heat hunt in California jump on in and let's hear some talk about hunting Blacktail. We also lost one of our hunting partners that had been hunting the area that we hunt this last Christmas so we will be placing a plaque on the rock he spent many years hunting on. His name was Paul Winslow and he was a good hunter with always a word of wisdom for the young hunters in the party and even for the old veterans that were wise enough to still listen. So if you are ever hunting A Zone in California in the Upper lake area and you come up on a rock and see a plaque in memory of Paul Winslow, make sure you say a quite howdy to him when that cool breeze blows in your face cause your huntin his rock. Happy trails Paul.

Ridge Runner

With all the rain it has been tough to get out and look. I did see a huge buck on Sunday morning. You know they are going to be big when they are already turned up in April. Ridge Runner, do you live in upper lake? I hunt where there are lots of Tule Elk, 20min from lower lake. Hunting hogs this time of year, always with an eye out for bucks.

Hey Blueoak

You must be down around Cache creek area am I right? I grew up hunting around lake county but lived down around Antioch area.Living right now in the Middle East in Doha, Qatar chasing sailfish around the Gulf.Good to here that your getting some rain as you can always use it up that way.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

A bit of both at the moment,The wife is working with a resort and I am doing some consulting for some boat sales and charter boat business in the region.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom