Lets see your 2010 success photos!

Hunting_Oregon

Here is my opening day rifle buck.

696101_2278.jpg

Please feel free to post your pictures.

"Life's tough... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

Alright Desertflinger....why haven't i seen this buck yet? You post info on it already??? If so, I must be blind!!!

Great buck!

muleyman

Great buck Desertflinger. I really like the mass on that bad boy. nice to see someone else having success. thanks for contributing Dave32 and flinger.

- John Wayne

Nice 4x4 blacktail from the Umpqua valley over around Roseburg. 133" gross, 130" net.

8900dsc01725.jpg

Had a great time and my partner got a very nice 4x3 also.

Thanks for the posts guys. Those are some great animals. Congratulations to all with bloody hands.

- John Wayne

Nice looking buck! Blacktail i am guessing?

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-10 AT 10:15PM (MST)[p]My son's 2010 Oregon Public Land Rifle bull....out did dad...
RuttNStrutt
3262img_0414.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-10 AT 05:07PM (MST)[p]WOW!!!!!! that thing is a beast. Story behind the hunt? Was this bull taken near Runkle (sp) Juction outside La Grande?

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-10 AT 00:46AM (MST)[p]My client, Matt, will be posting the story sometime. Richard yes I do know where some of the big boys live lol. Wont say where we killed this bull at, but Mt Emily has some monster bulls in most of the unit, just got to know how to find them.

Another great animal that Bob has taken a client to!!!! Geez I think this next year I'm gonna have to "buckle down" and save my pennies to git-er-done with Blue MT!!!

Congrats again you guys...

muleyman

Well i finally drew the youth interstate hunt this year. I hunted hard opening weekend, saw a fair amount of deer, passed on a few smaller bucks. Went back out Friday, and with one hour of daylight left, snuck upon this guy with a few does bedded down. The wind was horrible so i ended up shooting him and he never got out of his bed. On the way out we saw a bigger one, wish i could have gotten him!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-11 AT 07:40AM (MST)[p]Here is my daughters 2010 Blacktail. She took this the last day of the general season. She was very determined this year and passed up several smaller bucks trying to take a big buck, best of all we had my youngest with us to experience the event. Needless to say she is ready to start hunting too. This is my oldest daughters 5th buck and is her largest. Cant wait till next year so she can try to top this one.

8498img_0766.jpg

6551img_0786.jpg

9895dscn4207.jpg

Fletch

HH...What caused the confusion?

If you take your kids hunting when they
are young you wont be hunting your kids
when they get older!

Holy cripes! Your daughters buck is a stud! Tell her congrats, and I can't wait to see if she does top that next year!! Great job!

Oregon elk/deer double on the 2nd day of the season 40 minutes apart. They expired about 12 yards from each other.

8447or_elk.jpg

4720or_deer.jpg

5656or_double.jpg

NE New Mexico pronghorn.
7641nm_pronghorn.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-11 AT 07:24PM (MST)[p]Way to go Bmack....

I have never even been close to a double the same day.

If you take your kids hunting when they
are young you wont be hunting your kids
when they get older!

>Bmack.
>
> thats is awesome.
>how did you do that?
> what is the story?
>

Thanks guys. I was heading into my stand the 2nd morning but was a little late. About 100 yards from it I spotted movement and the hillside was stacked up with elk and 2 random bucks.

The elk feed uphill and it allowed me to get into my stand. The temps were cool and the elk were bugling opening weekend.

A short time sitting one of the little bucks that was mixed in with the heard of elk (unusual) came in at 16 yards. Double lunged.

With one G5 Striker stuck in the ground I kept cow calling to the distant bugles. The action kept up so I threw out a spike squeal and not 5 minutes later this bull came wandering in. He hit the 20 yard mark and I drilled him in the pump-station.

Not even 2 hours into day number two and I was tagged out. 40 minutes apart. I shot a good group too because we found them laying about 12 yards from each other not 85 yards from the stand. Definitely a GREAT morning.

Back
Top Bottom