Leupold 12-40x60 Gold Ring Spotting Scope

I have the HD version and love it! Lightweight, compact, stellar optics, and the longest eye-relief in the business.

I have a Swaro STS 20-60X80 and a Leupold 12-40x60 Gold Ring HD. I like the Leupold, it has great eye relief and is much easier to use for digiscoping. It is lighter and smaller too. However, I find that whenever I go on a serious hunt I take the Swaro. The Swaro is better for long distance glassing. Bigger objective and higher magnification.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

However, I
>find that whenever I go
>on a serious hunt I
>take the Swaro. The
>Swaro is better for long
>distance glassing. Bigger objective
>and higher magnification.
>
>Dax
>
>There is no such thing as
>a sure thing in trophy
>mule deer hunting.

+1 I agree. The Gold ring is a good scope, but if I was going to buy just one it would be the Swaro. While antalope hunting in WY we had the Gold Ring and the Swaro sidexside and the Swaro did a lot better through the heat waves and in the low light conditions. If it were me I would save up and get a used Swaro or just save enough for a new one. The things I do like better about the Gold Ring is just like stated above it's light and compact. Both have there advantages I would just rather pack the little extra weight.

I love mine. I don't even have the HD model. I bought mine used for 500.00 a couple of years ago and it was the best money I ever spent. My father in law has the 80 mm swaro and for spooting game it is awesome but I would not care to pack that thing up the hills. The leupold is great for packing and is a great scope.

Leupold GR 12-40x60mm also has the best eye-relief in the business. Smokes, Leica, Zeiss, and Swarovski in that respect.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom