leupold 15-30x50

tailchasers

Long Time Member
I've been eyeballing one of these little suckers and getting close to pulling the trigger on one. Anyone have any input on this spotter?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-11 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-11 AT 10:56?AM (MST)

If you mean the small Compact model - I have one and sure like it for what I use it for. I bought it for back country pack in stuff since its real small and lightweight. The image is good - I'm sure there are better but for its size its a slick little unit.

Its also gotten is real workout the last 3 years for Wyoming antelope, I always have it in my daypack for looking at bucks when the binocs don't due. Go for it, decent price and mine has held up great.

One other to check out, if it would have been available at the time I maybe would have got one, still might is the little Minox MD 50 I think its called, I have a friend that has one of these, not bad for the price and really lightweight.

I have been looking at the Minox as well but am a bit leary of the glass. I am fully aware of Leupolds quality and glass but not of minox products. Prices are similar but what of the glass clarity especialy at full zoom?

up anyway."

IMHO the Minox is at least as good - the spotter looks a little funky but its nice. But like you said, can't go wrong with the Leupy, I know I'm keeping mine and plan on using it as much as possible.

>Would you be willing to go
>for the 12-40-60 compact. I
>have a buddy that is
>selling his.

All depends on price and condition. Shoot me a PM.

Al

up anyway."

Unless you're not talking about a Leupold - I don't know that they make/made the Compact as a 12x40-60. As I recall they made the really small one that was a 10x20x40 and then the 15x30x50??

I looked into that too and found a 12-40x60 just not in a compact.

up anyway."

A friend who has the sheep bug looked at lightweight spotters and ended up with the Nikon ED. He likes it very much and it only weighs a pound.

I am really impressed with the NIkon Ed. If I was in the market for a lightweight spotter that is the one I would buy.

I have the Nikon ED50. It is the bomb. It weighs almost nothin and when you put the 40x eyepiece on it, its a sweet little rig.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom